Pyramid snails

Clownfish

• SRC Member

I dunno...and I lost 3 clams last week too!

maybe there are many more snails inside.???

The clams usually 'drop-off'/detached from the rock that they are attaching, while leaving behind the rock a portion of their flesh. after that the clam will be gone in 24 hrs.

The clams usually 'drop-off'/detached from the rock that they are attaching, while leaving behind the rock a portion of their flesh. after that the clam will be gone in 24 hrs.

Dropping off usually signifies that the clam is weak

• SRC Member

But some of the clams have been with me for months...the last addition was 1 maxima 2 weeks ago, 2 maximas 3 weeks ago, and these 3 are the 1st to died which the 2 that came in 3 weeks ago died together last week, and the other maxima that came in 2 weeks ago died during last Sat!

and today, saw 3 almost gone croceas....and another 3 croceas not opening.

• SRC Member
me just had a clam die on me.. signz... for no reason also...

and one just right beside it is still alive and kicking.. guess I better keep a watch on that clam...

Wonders if there's anything to do with our tapwater.............

Eric

• SRC Member

I had a clam that detached from the rock and left a portion of their flesh on the rock....found a snail attacking it.

I did a freshwater dip on the clam for 20 minutes and it seems to recover...it has been 2 week ++ and the clam seems to be doing fine, attaching itself to another piece of rock....

The snail I caught in my tank is exactly like what Clownfish has posted.

If it is the clam disease, what other syptoms to look out?

You should look out for pinch mantle...... curl up mantle....... and also see if the clam is responding to shadow

• SRC Member

You should look out for pinch mantle...... curl up mantle....... and also see if the clam is responding to shadow

pinch mantle is how?

usually, they were responding well to shadow, and when I notice the curl up mantle, it is starting to shrink already. :(

just hope for the better now. Change water yesterday already, but only managed to do 20%.

pinch mantle is how?

usually, they were responding well to shadow, and when I notice the curl up mantle, it is starting to shrink already. :(

just hope for the better now. Change water yesterday already, but only managed to do 20%.

Means that the mantle seem to be abit crumpled or not fully spread out