need help from Schuran skimmer user

gaga

ya roidan i have placed a plastic container at the bottom water level is now 18.5cm but then skimate is still very watery at the moment. Like ice lemon tea. There is a case of overflowing this evening when i opened up the water inlet gate valve just a bit more. This skimmer is like causing me lots of hassle man. Wonder how the AquaC remora pro compare to this??? One more question to schuran user is that is it the water level can never be below the cone area? from what i see in commonly used skimmer in the market, foam will build up below the cone but in my case it'd above the cone. Really weird man just wonder is this the technology of schuran skimmer.

post-17-1083769706.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi gaga,

My jetskim is place outside the sump, so cannot tell you the water level of the sump.

However, I saw your water return to sump level at max of the return outlet. Mine is only around half level.

Anyway, don't panick. Give it a week. When I set up mine, mine also like yours and I cursed schuren. Patience broher.

I think (marine) therefore I am

No worry n no regrets. i run my Schuran 200 externally too.

I believe the water was meant for yr Eheim pump...water level should always abv the pump..so 25 is Ok. You can try playing with the control valve (between skimmer n pump) n juz note the fwgs:

When u max the valve, the bubble go all the way up n u get watery Teo-O. Slowly..little bit switch it down til u may see finner bubble at the neck of the top container... n u get thick skimmed smelly mate. So far for me, it has been working good for almost a year. I used baby bottle brush to clean it.

U need time to understand the equipment better.

Before i purchase this skimmer i was actually looking at the Aqua C remora pro. Went through a few review and thought not bad huh. But then eventually i went ahead with this german product try to do some research here as well as reef central but not much info gathered, also don't know why? But then i thought german product won't be that bad rite. So in the end i went ahead with the purchase. The last two day i was literally cursing myself for trusting these german product cause it doesn't seem to work better than my weipro 2013. Although till now my skimmer has not perform to my expectation. I still would like to thanks all people who has contribute their advice and especially schuran user's advice. I feel more reassured now.

Schurans are well commented upon. Maybe you can visit www.ultimatereef.com, its a UK reefing site.... do a search there... and be assured that there are happy Schuran users there too.

RC still have more to learn/catch up on German stuff... so information in English is still scratchy. If you can read German, then I am sure there's a HELL lot of very very good information from the hobbyists there! Too bad its all untranslated and will be lost to the rest of the reefing world. :(

• 1 year later...

How long does it take for the schuran skimmer to kick in?

Mine has been running for few hours and zero bubbles. :(

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Depends on bioload. Mine now very little kopi maybe because my tank is "infested" with hundreds of tiny tube-worms while my fish load is lowered.

Kick in will take days.

Chris, i see the schuran is working very well for you. Thanks a lot.

Currently the salinity level is 1.017, zero livestock and fishes. could this be the reason for the low count in bubbles?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Bro, maybe ur bioload is low now that's why no skimmate yet.

My schuran kick in after a few days, and since then I was able to get either thick or watery skimmate by just simple adjustment of the air-flow.

My Schuran in action....

Bro, thanks for taking the effort to explain to me the schuran and the picture.

Now i have more confidence of schuran.

Mine is the Schuran Jetskim 150 model, so far no skimmate yet but can see that the bubbles are more fine than ytd.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: