Does this repair cost >1k!!!

• SRC Member

Sigh! Money can earn back one.....! Right Guys!! Just have to drive more cautiously next time.....and damn my handphone!!! :angry:

Even if you change to another insurance company, the loading is still there because you have to report any claims within the last 3 yrs.

Once you have a 3rd party claim then the premium will be much higher, this is especially true for the next renewal.

I kanna before, no choice bang into a 4 yrs old corona so LL had to fork out $800 for the other guy, the demaged is very similar to the other guy that you banged into. For my case his boot cover has dented and rear bumper almost dropped out.

He wanted $1.2K initally but I bought my mechanic to his workshop to bargain real hard and they happened to know each other so eventually settled for $800. I repaired my 5 yrs old corolla for $300 :P

Well in the end I kept my NCD and no premium raise and that alone was worth it.

The $1K is painful but only painful for once rather than if you go to insurance, it'll be a blackmark forever in your record and you'll feel the pinch everytime it comes to policy renewal.

• SRC Member

Thanks Weileong....I think my problem here is I am too piss off to even call him back to negotiate!! Let alone plead him......... :angry:

I think thats my weakness.......

• SRC Member
...but for sure my NCB will be down to 20%......Bloody ###### luck!!!!$%#@%^$% <_<

You are right....the moment you bang into peoples car.....you are at their mercy!!!! :(

sorry brother.......... to correct that... yr NCB will be 0%.... i've been driving for the past 10 years... only this 1 year got 10% NCB... <_< I BUANG driver lar..... :lol:

• SRC Member
Should be BUANG n DRUNK driver <_< .. nowaday i drink dun drink.... tats the motto of TP :D

Read what you wrote again. You sound drunk. :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

it should be 0% after each claim against u..

unless u buy insurance, additional 10% to protect

your NCD.. (good only if u got 30% n above)

things should settle on the spot..IMO

if u go back to plead with the guy only embarass yourself more..

it should be 0% after each claim against u..

if your NCD is 50% then after first claim it will be reduced to 20%. If 40% NCD then it will be reduced to 10% after first claim.

If your NCD is 30% or lower than it will be reduced to 0%.

Unless they changed it recently cos I kanna before :P 50% dropped to 20%.

• SRC Member

Sometimes. repairs can cost a lot even if on the surface it looks like nothing. For instance, I got involved in an accident recently where sumone hit my car from behind. On the surface, doesnt look like a lot of damage and looks like it would cost $1k max but sent it to my agent and it cost a whopping $8K to repair!! apparently, one of the lower stabilizer bars was hit and had to be replaced together with a damaged exhaust pipe....

• SRC Member

Sigh! Just got a mechanic to evaluate the damage and was quoted 200 for labour (panel beating on the bonnet) & 200 for paint works...... :blink:

To make a comparison, I went to the authorised workshop listed by my issurance....did a re-evaluation and found that my 2 headlights' "leg" is damage.......repair cost definately >500 :shock::shock: ......and my accident access is only $500 and the repair is gonna take a couple of days!!!!.......so .......Bo pian.......claim issurance! Got a replacement car.............curse and swear that bloody joker.....and myself.....and..............Sigh! speechless now........

Later must go "Toa Pei Kong" temple to pray!!! Damp salty these days!!!! %$#@^%$&%&#@$!^ Sigh! :(

not realli leh. I got a fren who's new car was bang behind.

under agent warranty, LL got to sent back. the banger insurance

company complaints n willingly to pay only half wat is quoted

by agent. (abt $3-4k)

veri headache leh..

• SRC Member

Consider it good luck for u bro....bum into others due to the fact tat u r using ur mobile while driving. Shd be glad tat the other party dun knw wat u have done tat casues this accident else not only ur pocket will hurt, it will b... "kiss my class 3 goodbye and here i come (Driving Center)".

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

Out of curiosity today.....I call the insurance company to check out how much the workshop submitted for my car insurance claim and too my surprise!!!! $4k!!!! :shock::blink::pinch::sick:

Can you believe it! They claim almost everthing in front of my car.....new bonnet, new bumper, radiator, cooling fan, 2 heat lights including signal lights, spray pain, labour and lose of use!!! :shock:

These guys are good manz! :angry: Anyway...what to do? Sigh! :(

hehe.....now will see how much the other joker's workshop is going to claim!!! :cry: SIGH!

don't worry. your insurance company will send its investigators to investigate the cost of it one. and they'll definitely be able to reduce the price quite substentially. (=

u dunno how they work hor..

most of the people just work n wait for time to go home..

I got fren working in insurance co. n inform me that my NCD was

affected even though I submit claim against other party..

happily they keep quiet even though my claim was not follow up..

(they got own commitee to decide to purse claim or not)..

I got to call, screw n spit, b4 they reinstate my NCD..

problem is they did not even claim against the other party n

reinstate my NCD, cause they reckon save the hassle, my insurance

earned the few years can cover the cost of repairs..

lazy bunch of bums ah..??!!

u dunno how they work hor..

most of the people just work n wait for time to go home..

I got fren working in insurance co. n inform me that my NCD was

affected even though I submit claim against other party..

happily they keep quiet even though my claim was not follow up..

(they got own commitee to decide to purse claim or not)..

I got to call, screw n spit, b4 they reinstate my NCD..

problem is they did not even claim against the other party n

reinstate my NCD, cause they reckon save the hassle, my insurance

earned the few years can cover the cost of repairs..

lazy bunch of bums ah..??!!

actually I have a rough idea on how they work. it took them two months before they got back to me to say that the investigators are ready to inspect the car for its damage.

by then I already took it to the workshop, painted it over, polished it and drove it around in almost brand new condition for close two 1 odd month liao.

another month later those guys called up again to verify that I filed a claim against the other party.

till today, I still get phone calls verifying that I've sent that claim.

slow bunch of buggers.

• SRC Member

Hi Guys and Mdm, just wish to thank you for your advise. Its so warm to have strangers offering help! Thanks once again. :thanks:

Have got over it and busying on my 5 footer again! Stay Tune! kekeke! :lol:

• SRC Member

Just wanted to share some info on this workshop I have been going to the last few times I kanna kissed or kissed others... :)

Toh Ah Swee Spray Painting

2, Kranji Loop, #01-02

Tel: 63660115

Was recommended to me by an army friend a few years back and so far, happy with them. Really dirt cheap rates but only for car body works as they are not mechanics.

I remember one kissing event I had near my rear lights and a few workshops at AMK (multi-storey workshop Centre) were quoting me S$300 plus or more and the Kranji did it for me at S$90! My friend told me they re-sprayed his 1 litre car for S$300 (1 layer)!

The only issue is that its really out of the way. Its just after the railway track when we are heading towards LCK110. Its one of those 2 storey flatted factory units.

Hope this saves some money for some of you when you need it.