Does this repair cost >1k!!!

• SRC Member

Sigh.....can you believe it.....this damage is gonna cost me >1k!!!!! :angry:

Some of you guys may know I had an accident last Friday. This joker agrees to repair his car at my workshop and I will foot all the bills.

However, today, this joker got someone to to impose as a mechanic, call me with his office no. and tell me that the repair will cost >1k!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Can you believe it!!!! Judge for yourself....

I was so pissed off that I call this joker!!!! His reason.....his car boot is leaking....he doesnt trust any mechanic but his!!!???......he want to replace a new bumper......the mechanic advise him that they will need to cut the car backside.......

I try to explain to him that I will ensure that his car will be repaired at my cost and in good condition but at my workshop and that I will even pay him taxi fare for his inconvenient.....reason being I want to keep my insurance NCB(Non claim bonus) at 50% so I am asking him a favour to help by allowing my workshop to repair his car!

But..........he give all sort of ridiculous excuse about his mechanic workmanship, his inconvenience even to the extend to ask my mechanic to go to his workshop to evaluate the repair cost.......how on earth would anybody do such thing!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Sigh! At last I told this joker, I have nothing to say but to let you claim my insurance if you insist to let your mechanic repair at such a cost ....1K!!!! I wouldnt be stupid enough to pay his mechanic for this amount!!!

Sigh!!! :cry: So guys.....drive carefully......if you knock into someone.....you are at his mercy....... :cry: Guess I will have to pay more for my insurance for my next renewal......and dont ever knock into my car........ :evil::evil::evil: You will regret for it!!!!

post-11-1083512716.jpg

• SRC Member

Had a similiar accident but somebody hit back just like that.Claim insurance & the car at the workshop for about 3-4 day.Was shock that the repair cost was about 3800 bucks.

Be prepared for it.!

Its a workshop that Idac recommend Not agent workshop.

• SRC Member

oh that sucks......... this guys is on the road to create accidents n claim extra pocket money. :angry: he's taking advantage of situation :angry: ....... for me I'll jus let the insurance company handle this case... i dun thing yr insurance company will be so stupid to pay his workshop $1000.... pass the photo to yr insurance co... hope the bastard nv create a bigger damage to his own car n claim more... cos u have the photo.... <_<

something like that happened to me as well. let me type it out since I'm so damn frigging bored.

happened on the first of January this year at about 4am in the morning. some drunk bugger was tailgating me at East Coast Parkway. I had to slow down for a hump, and I couldn't see his car as his headlights was turned off. I tapped my breaks to slow the car down, and crossed the hump. just as my front wheels went over, this bugger's Honda Civic collided into me. my car came out okay...boot damage and bumper damage only. his car was bad. engine gone. radiator gone. cooler gone. everything infront gone. even his front windscreen was cracked.

I got out of the car, and so did he. and I smelled the distinct smell of alcohol. I checked his eyes *glance* and it was hazy and glazed. like he was drunk. anyway I thought things would be settled easily and we exchanged numbers and such *I didn't think of reporting to the police. poor bugger with P Plate...three month old driver. pitied him lah.*

that buggers father called me the next day and threatened me, saying how I wouldn't win insurance and yada yada yada. and even forced me to take my car to his workshop to repair. I was like "my car got collided into, not the other way round. it is up to ME to make up my mind as to where to go and such." and his father cursed me in hokkien and yada yada yada. this went on for a while as I suspect his father was the insurer of the car. to make matters worse, stupid old me forgot to take down the licence plate of the car. so I asked for his plate number via SMS and he messaged me wrongly. all I did was ask the father for the licence plate number and he told me to go f*** off. *I tried making a report for nuisance phone call but M1 told me he had to call me at least five times before I can make a police report and all that shit. he called only four times. damn.*

all things said and done, the car is repaired now, and I'm extra weary of blue coloured Honda Civics.

lets hope your case doesn't degenerate into my state of affairs. cheers and....hope you're okay. *as in mentally. I know I was in quite a bit of shock when it happened to me*

• SRC Member

Maybe...they trying to earn quick bucks out of you...fleece you? :(

My suggestion...why dun you bring a trustable mechanic and explain the whole thing to him and ask him to accompany you to that's guy's mechanic's workshop and get a breakdown of the repair job.

See if he still insists that it is going to cost so much...my family car ever kanna before and it only cost $90 two years back... Wah!!! Appreciate until 4 figures!!!???

Pm me that mechanic's repair shop. May be able to get someone to check on their background for you. But no promises.. :P

so far I have no such problem..

chase one bugger down, got the money.

another case, the other buggers, see me straight away pay me money..

the more recent case I have is my bro brush against another cefiro..

I took over the wheel I half ran the guy over, but the police came..

its always good if u got tattoo (mickey mouse also can) n dye your hair really golden..

usually after any accident, always gabra... take a few deep breathe...

tik. prepare some agreement forms if the accident is not major. take down the licence of the other party + IC, put a disposable cam in the

car.

if your car get bang, u always got the right of choice. if u bang the other person car, u got to please the other bugger to ensure its repair at your shop.

tips I may suggest - ask him to evaluate at your mechanic.. promise him everything suey suey as new.. else redo till he climax.. if he wants

to do at his mechanic.. sibei chiam liao.. expect his car now comes with a new hifi set, sport rims.. maybe V-Kool n additional new leather seats thrown in.

• SRC Member

Thanks guys......Sigh! I doubt my car mechanic will even bother because he is not gonna earn a single cent for this favour! :(

If it was a couple of years back, my previous mechanic would be more than happy to do it because....I go to his workshop 9 times a year!!!! That's my record.....yes 9 accident a year!!!! and that was when I was driving my 1st car.....Daihatsu Charade Turbo!!! Young, reckless and "How Lian" I was when I was in my early 20s!!!

Sigh! .....I had try to explain to him that my budget is <1k for both car repair and I will not claim insurance.....instantly he say he can ask his mechanic to give me a discount! .......straight away I knew he is in for the money......so......pardon my valgurity.......*expletive* LL!!!!!!!! :paiseh:

So.........just bloody piss off with myself for being some careless......(You deserve it).....sigh!!!!! :cry:

don't be too hard on yourself.

you made a mistake. you screwed up. learn, and move on. so don't be upset! (=

I'll let you know my the details of my workshop. its a pretty okay place. trust me. and no, I'm not in this for profit. don't worry. (=

• SRC Member
don't be too hard on yourself.

you made a mistake. you screwed up. learn, and move on. so don't be upset! (=

I'll let you know my the details of my workshop. its a pretty okay place. trust me. and no, I'm not in this for profit. don't worry. (=

Bro terryansimon....thanks very much....I really appreciate it!!!! :thanks:

get yourself a regular mechanic that u can "trust"..

I always go repair to the same one, as favour I may intro frens to him..

if sometime like this, go straight to the point..

"oii.. #@$(&) u tik I robert head..? this amount of money I see you got new sport rims, sun-cool (vkool too X) n cd head unit.."

take pic of the car, then make police report abt this fraud workshop..

haha..!! make sure u ask your mechanic agar agar how much to repair.. check on the car forum of this make (lancer) car. bring a few chaps to confront the workshop when repair is done. report to CASE also can.. alot of methods.. but abit hassle lah.

if u stay in east, can PM me for my mechanic addy.. ;)

u want to save more.. go JB do.. half price. :P

Gee... that sucks... I'm going to be very careful on the road from now onwards to avoid such incidents from happening to me. *touch wood*

• SRC Member

You can asked him to send the car to your insurance Authorised workshop for repair in order to claim the insurance. When his car is in there already, you can discuss with the workshop on the repair cost, and decide whether to claim insurance or payoff with cash.

If his workshop happened to be a authorised workshop, asked for the assessment report by the insurance company on the repair cost. Then you can pay according to the cost stated. Any extra charge on the invoice to you, you just forward the assessment report and his invoice to the Police Station. Good Luck to him. :)

• SRC Member
get yourself a regular mechanic that u can "trust"..

I always go repair to the same one, as favour I may intro frens to him..

if sometime like this, go straight to the point..

"oii.. #@$(&) u tik I robert head..? this amount of money I see you got new sport rims, sun-cool (vkool too X) n cd head unit.."

take pic of the car, then make police report abt this fraud workshop..

haha..!! make sure u ask your mechanic agar agar how much to repair.. check on the car forum of this make (lancer) car. bring a few chaps to confront the workshop when repair is done. report to CASE also can.. alot of methods.. but abit hassle lah.

if u stay in east, can PM me for my mechanic addy.. ;)

u want to save more.. go JB do.. half price. :P

Brother....I have thought of these.....that's why I went to his work place.....waited for 1hr....just to take some pic. of his car!

I hope he is not crazy enough to go reverse to bang into the wall in order to fake a bad accident..... <_<

I should have hide myself and take pic of his car when he came back!!!

I was so furious that I forbid myself from talking and looking at him when taking some photos because I am afraid that I will ^%$#@#^%@$ with valgurity!!!!

Hey man.....I have long time not been a "Lau Ta" already..... :evil:

You can asked him to send the car to your insurance Authorised workshop for repair in order to claim the insurance. When his car is in there already, you can discuss with the workshop on the repair cost, and decide whether to claim insurance or payoff with cash.

If his workshop happened to be a authorised workshop, asked for the assessment report by the insurance company on the repair cost. Then you can pay according to the cost stated. Any extra charge on the invoice to you, you just forward the assessment report and his invoice to the Police Station. Good Luck to him. :)

depends on insurance co.

if its NTUC forget it.. they got veri strict rules..

once claim.. cannot dun claim liao..

of course u can discuss with workshop not to claim first..

cause they also want hard cash then few weeks later

then get money from insurance company..

bo lor soh abit.. eg. intro customers.. want to upgrade at

yr shop ah.. tis n tat..

Brother....I have thought of these.....that's why I went to his work place.....waited for 1hr....just to take some pic. of his car!

I hope he is not crazy enough to go reverse to bang into the wall in order to fake a bad accident..... <_<

I should have hide myself and take pic of his car when he came back!!!

I was so furious that I forbid myself from talking and looking at him when taking some photos because I am afraid that I will ^%$#@#^%@$ with valgurity!!!!

Hey man.....I have long time not been a "Lau Ta" already..... :evil:

u should seen me almost driving over a man after I take over the wheel when

my bro was shocked scratching a man's car.... haha.. (I tik I was hungry n rushing to makan seafood)

talk abt robert's head..

the thing is, will they be able to avoid you? B)

I should get one of those LED boards that the white Secret Service cars have!

It'll flash: PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE.

Can't remember the exact words after that... anyone got this before? :fear:

I think LKY was in the 3 car convoy...

• SRC Member

By the way this joker's car is a Toyota Soluna...... :angry:

Bloody thailand make car can cost >1k for such damage meh!!! (FYI my car is also Thailand make...Honda City) :angry:

I agree with bwilly. insurance investigators are

1) slow. took them two months before they called me to say they are ready to evaluate damage. by then the car was repaired already

2) troublesome. have you seen the truckload of paperwork you have to fill up?

3) irreversible. by that I mean if you file in a claim, its very unlikely you can reverse that claim....or withdraw from it. NTUC is one classic example.

bro,

His is a old car already, no way the repair gonna cost more than $1K.

If he does not give in to your request to repair at your workshop then just let the insurance settle.

But be warned cos you banged into pple's backside and next insurance you'll be labelled as "dangerous driver" so your premium will shoot up and your NCD will be reduced to 20%.

But then you bang into him so he has the upper hand now. If really have to go to the insurance then I suggest trying to bargain with him and see if you guys can settle it w/o going thru insurance else the lost in NCD and increase in premium will really add up.

I should get one of those LED boards that the white Secret Service cars have!

It'll flash: PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE.

Can't remember the exact words after that... anyone got this before? :fear:

I think LKY was in the 3 car convoy...

PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE

POLICE OPERATION IN PROGRESS

or

ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS

I think your car wouldn't look like a cop car unless its white with the QX plate....so you can go with the latter. :P unless you drive a white Volvo S60. (=

• SRC Member
bro,

His is a old car already, no way the repair gonna cost more than $1K.

If he does not give in to your request to repair at your workshop then just let the insurance settle.

But be warned cos you banged into pple's backside and next insurance you'll be labelled as "dangerous driver" so your premium will shoot up and your NCD will be reduced to 20%.

But then you bang into him so he has the upper hand now. If really have to go to the insurance then I suggest trying to bargain with him and see if you guys can settle it w/o going thru insurance else the lost in NCD and increase in premium will really add up.

Bo pian already la.....premier shoot up then I will have to change another insurance company....sigh!.....but for sure my NCB will be down to 20%......Bloody ###### luck!!!!$%#@%^$% <_<

You are right....the moment you bang into peoples car.....you are at their mercy!!!! :(