Peppermint shrimps missing?

strat

• SRC Member

sorry to sidetrack but the peppermint shrimp from PR looks quite different from the one @ ML . can anyone explain this? it looks more like the fresh water ghost shrimp ;)

• SRC Member
sorry to sidetrack but the peppermint shrimp from PR looks quite different from the one @ ML . can anyone explain this? it looks more like the fresh water ghost shrimp ;)

ML also has peppermint? BTW, anyone bought peppermints from PR and actually saw them eating your aiptasias? Mine went missing too.

Do they look pale? Like this?

l_rathbunae3.jpg

Probably Lysmata rathbunae, not real Peppermint Shrimps but they do apparently do eat Aiptasia too.

• SRC Member

Sigh...my true peppermint also gone missing after shredding one aiptasia...two more to go... :angry:

Likelyhood is that it gone AWOL liao... :(

Didn't know one aiptasia would be the cost of one shrimp... :angry:

• SRC Member

Do they look pale? Like this?

l_rathbunae3.jpg

Probably Lysmata rathbunae, not real Peppermint Shrimps but they do apparently do eat Aiptasia too.

yes it looks just like tat with geens eggs at the abdomen area. lucky nv buy.. :pinch:

• SRC Member

I bought 1 from LCK and 2 from PR. All look same. Put all three into sump which is infested with aiptisia and viola.....after 1 week, not a single siptisia in sight. Next step will be to transfer them to the main tank to clear a few more. But a bit scared my dotty will makan them.

Is it possible to breed them in the sump?

I think (marine) therefore I am