sump design

weileong

Izzit ***, the branded-only equipment reefer? ;) Yeah, he's an old bird when it comes to reefing, I believe he was still running around in shorts when he started keeping marine.

Wow, if I had half his budget, my reef will be even more :whistle

Norti on LR? What's that??? :erm:

Norti on LR = when your tang is pecking on the LR but not eating. You dry norti on a piece of LR and put it back onto the tank.

When the tang "accidentally" peck the norti, it will soon learn how to eat norti elsewhere in the tank, either floating or clip on ones. Tried and worked very well.

NORI... not NORTI!! :)

Yeah the dried nori on rock trick... for difficult tangs. That is if they learn to ID a particular rock as the 'grazing rock'.

You should try cutting nori into bits so its bite-size, they will learn to grab food of that size... not only nori but mysis etc.

Now I tie NORI (pengz.... always spell wrong or typo) to a small piece of LR, but all my other tangs keep going to wack it instead of the AT. The AT got no chance at all. Hiak....

Ah... learn another trick to cut the nori into bite size.

How come sump design thread becomes how to get your tang to eat thread?

Anyway while we're at it, is there any other trick/tips?? for the benefit of everyone. I guess someone gotta doc these tips down in an FAQ :P