Justin's 2 Footer

JustinK

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Here are some pics of my 2 footer after 8 months. Posted a thread few months back on my tank, but cant find it anymore so i thought i'd start a new one here. Keeping mainly LPS and softies and jus 3 fishes. As you can see from the pics, been battling with diatom since switching to my MH. Think the light intensity is a bit strong for my depth, so limiting the photoperiod to only 6 hours a day, and seeing some improvements already. ;)

Hope you guys can give some comments on how i can improve what i currently have. Tank specs are as below. Thanks!! :D

post-34-1083055854.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Lastly, my Brazilian, my favourite. Becos of him, i never get the royal from LCK, was there that day and was so tempted <_<

Ok, think enough of my pics, sorry for bombarding so many at one go... do give comments on how i can improve k? ;) feel that my tank is lacking in a bit of colour though... <_<

post-34-1083057048.jpg

• SRC Member
nice.... :yeah: reminds me of my 2footer but nw my 2 footer gone liao :(

Thanks bubble gum :D at least now you have your 3 footer to look forward to :lol: i think i will wait long long till i can upgrade ah, at least for another year when i work... <_<

• SRC Member
ur bubb;es very tempting to preess :evil:  colourwise if u can provide enough foods.... how about a blue/pink sponge??? or maybe a chillie coral? :idea:

*Content edited by moderator at request of JustinK * yah, been thinking of getting a blue sponge, my left side lacking colour. Also my coco worm on left side not opening up yet, already 2 days liao... <_< but sponge will get soon, once i recuperate some of my losses... :P

Edited by Tanzy

• SRC Member

nice setup you have! :P

maybe you can try listing your

feeding ritual,

circulation,

phospate/nitrate removal system

water change habits?

can try to find out the reason for the diatoms ;)

particularly like your red gonio ;)

• SRC Member

Thanks bum,

Here's my ritual: :)

Feeding: once every 2 days

Circulation: 1200L/hr power head, Outflow from Hangon filter and 500L/hr outflow from my cannister filter. (is this enough?)

Nitrate: 20ppm

Phosphate: Never measure (getting test kit soon), but jus added Rowaphos 3 days ago.

Water Change: 20% Weekly

I am fighting GHA and diatom every few weeks, one gone, the other will come back... <_<

• SRC Member
hmmm abt diatoms, u must keep somethng dat turn over the sand like a seacuke or a sand shifting star. a better choice will be a sand shifting star..... doesnt release toxins wen dead B)

Sand Sifting Star? maybe i can try, used to have a blue cheeked goby, does a really good job of cleaning my sandbed, so good that nothing left for it to sift, then after a while, die of starvation cos refuse to compete with the rest of the fishes for food... ;) now my sandbed quite unsightly man, every few days will stir, only to find the diatom is back 2-3 days later... <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking tank you got there, JustinK! :)

From your photos, it looks like you have cyanobacteria, not just diatoms. It's a water quality issue... solve that and they should disappear.

Also.. heheh... the maroon clown cannot host a BTA. It's the other way around! ;)