MH Lights

• SRC Member
try goin Paradise Reef and check out their series of pendants. i cant rem the brand but i think its german and really sleek looking... :)

oh a side note wat is Acanthurus pyroferus ah? some fish issit...  :unsure:

the scientific name for "mimic tang" or as some of you call it chocolate tang is Acanthurus Pyroferus....... ;) The fish is in my avatar... :D

thanks for letting me know about the pendant in PR....will check that out too.... :D

• SRC Member

Those at PR should be Aquaconnect brand, Gigas series.

My 3 x Giesemann 250watt pendant cover glass all broken liao. 2 have replaced since 6mths ago, the 3rd is still awaiting for my replacement glass as it broke last mth.

the giesemann pendants are small, neat and nice...

maybe the heat from 250W de fixtures too hot, tat's why the glass broke...but the colours of Hon's sps under them are very nice...

i have a 150W version.. , from dersuz,

no problems with it till now....

so maybe if get 250W DE, maybe can give the giesemann a pass....unless u want to order a carton of replacement glass..hehe

for 150W DE, it's great..hehe

• SRC Member
Those at PR should be Aquaconnect brand, Gigas series.

My 3 x Giesemann 250watt pendant cover glass all broken liao. 2 have replaced since 6mths ago, the 3rd is still awaiting for my replacement glass as it broke last mth.

Bro Hon , thanks for the feedback regarding Giesemann , price wise it's affordable and design is just to my liking....... :bow:

• SRC Member
the giesemann pendants are small, neat and nice...

maybe the heat from 250W de fixtures too hot, tat's why the glass broke...but the colours of Hon's sps under them are very nice...

i have a 150W version.. , from dersuz,

no problems with it till now....

so maybe if get 250W DE, maybe can give the giesemann a pass....unless u want to order a carton of replacement glass..hehe

for 150W DE, it's great..hehe

But 150w how to keep SPS leh..... :( so if I purchase 250w , I would also have to order alot of glass on standby...... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Hi AP, I am using 2 different set of MH from the Germans. One set consist of 3 x 150w Dupla for my 6 footer freshwater tank and another set is a Aquamedic Aquaspacelight 2 x 150w with 2 x 24 actinic.

Have been using Dupla for the last 6 -8 years with no incidents and for the AB, I think it is only one month old. Am happy with it and no complains. The ballast they use in AB are Vossoloh Schwabe (if the spelling is correct). They are considered premium in the industry. Know about them because I have a good family friend in this line. Once I knew that AB is using them. Did not hesitate and purchased the AB. Cost a quite a bit more but I feel good after purchase.

Did checked out Arcadia's ballast and all you can see is the they printed "from EU countries". Not comfortable with that.

Bro blenny,

would like your advise on MH timers....if you read this please pm me... :D

:thanks: AP

yeah....I think they should have though....Arcadia has but don't know if it's out yet... :blink:

Aquamedic has one too but you need to place an order..... :D

aquaconnect has it too.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png