bubble_gum's new 3feet reef!!!

bubble_gum

• SRC Member
steady...u must post the brand of the MH bulbs and actinic tubes for the rest of us to try..

wah..seriously if manufacturers can come out with light sets that can guarantee no algae growth..i think it's a sure winner  :)

but like i said, if they say only their actinic tubes will not encourage nuisance algae growth...that i will agree...not only for their actinic tubes...but other actinic tubes from other brands as well...  :)

ok....will take pictures of the bulbs as well and see what you guys think...maybe the owner doesn't know what he's talking about or wanted to sell his product..... <_<

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

why you want to change FOWLR bro.bubble? :blink:

the idea of having a FOWLR for a while seems attractive.... i know water changes is still a must but nt so often.... no need to worry abt lights.... blah blah blah.

fowlr quite interesting.....coz fishes are generally more tolerant to higher nitrate levels before you do a water change :)

and you are right...a simple FL light for your viewing pleasure is good enough...less maintenance...so that you can concentrate on other aspects like studies, family and friends also :)

• SRC Member

the idea of having a FOWLR for a while seems attractive.... i know water changes is still a must but nt so often.... no need to worry abt lights.... blah blah blah.

what about your corals liao.... :blink: the challenge is exactly the opposite though but in your situation I guess you don't have a choice then..... :(

• SRC Member
fowlr quite interesting.....coz fishes are generally more tolerant to higher nitrate levels before you do a water change :)

and you are right...a simple FL light for your viewing pleasure is good enough...less maintenance...so that you can concentrate on other aspects like studies, family and friends also :)

see bro roidan says it all :D the idea really attracts me ya noe

• SRC Member

what about your corals liao.... :blink:

corals sell liao... but some stuff i wana tompang for a long long while :P of course im getting back to reefing but seriously a very long while from nw

• SRC Member

he...he...the temptation is way too strong liao....I tried to do that in the end spending a bomb now...... :lol:

Thats why must have 2 tank like bro.Weileong.....one FOWLR and one Reef.... :P

sis i talked to my bro and this is my plan

sell all inverts/corals

keep the money

keep fishes

save for futere proper tank with cabinet and hood/probably 2.5ft cube(wonder cost hw much sia :blink: )

go zen FOWLR

upgrade lights/equipment when i saved more

finaly go back to reefing slowly

what do ya think? :blink:

terryz u after pasir ris u got L35? :blink: this saturday your going again?

L35=35D Right???? Blur liao... Dunno saturday going anot... I need to check working schedule first...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

hmm more updates... will post as much pics as possible as im gg to convert to FOWLR soon... and please... i will post them in the pasar malam.... no need to get excited so fast :P

actually im kinda looking forward to convert to FOWLR :blink::D

gg to keep close watch on this. dun think i will be selling this so soon <_<

post-34-1086615857.jpg

• SRC Member
hmm more updates... will post as much pics as possible as im gg to convert to FOWLR soon... and please... i will post them in the pasar malam.... no need to get excited so fast :P

actually im kinda looking forward to convert to FOWLR :blink::D

gg to keep close watch on this. dun think i will be selling this so soon <_<

Hopefully I don't miss the pasarmalam. :D

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!