bubble_gum's new 3feet reef!!!

bubble_gum

• SRC Member

agreed. just because u live near to the farms doesn't mean you have to cheong down everytime... spend more time with your gf, study.. spend more time with family.. just maintain the tank.. then once in a while you can go down fish farm to look look see see... dun make the decision too soon..

Live and Let Live

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
agreed. just because u live near to the farms doesn't mean you have to cheong down everytime... spend more time with your gf, study.. spend more time with family.. just maintain the tank.. then once in a while you can go down fish farm to look look see see... dun make the decision too soon..

tts a gd idea but really i have to cut down whatever alot

• SRC Member

haha hard to imagine deciding to give up reefing over just one lecture... darned fast man... I have said what I needed to say... the rest is up to u... think thru it properly. ;)

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Like wat DB said, wats the priority in this part of ur life now? Ask urself....

IMO, u r a school kid and ur duty is to study hard and gain good grades.

All parents want the best for their kids rite? They work so hard to raise u up, send u to school and try to provide the best of everything for u. And wats best to reward them is by giving them results they love to see. Even if u dun fare well in ur exams but at least U knw u did ur best. And doin ur best meanin, u really put in 100% in ur studies and not half way thru....sneak out to LFS using "taking a break" as an excuse. U shd knw better whether this "takin a break" is genuine ornt. No doubt, u still need some forms of relaxation coz all day studyin will fry ur brain. But go for somethin tat require less committment, time consumin and less money spent. Pick up a sport, which nt only will help u keep fit, healthy and at the same time makin u "feel more fresh". Once u hav enter the workin society, then i would say...its the best time for u to start this hobby again. Ultimately, u r spendin ur own money then. ;)

Btw, u livin off ur parents expenses now. Juz imagine they cut ur "$upply".....tat will be very misearable and not forgettin u still have 2.5yrs belong to the Government. Who's gonna look after ur tank then (if u decide to go against ur parent and keep it).

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
Like wat DB said, wats the priority in this part of ur life now? Ask urself....

IMO, u r a school kid and ur duty is to study hard and gain good grades.

All parents want the best for their kids rite? They work so hard to raise u up, send u to school and try to provide the best of everything for u. And wats best to reward them is by giving them results they love to see. Even if u dun fare well in ur exams but at least U knw u did ur best. And doin ur best meanin, u really put in 100% in ur studies and not half way thru....sneak out to LFS using "taking a break" as an excuse. U shd knw better whether this "takin a break" is genuine ornt. No doubt, u still need some forms of relaxation coz all day studyin will fry ur brain. But go for somethin tat require less committment, time consumin and less money spent. Pick up a sport, which nt only will help u keep fit, healthy and at the same time makin u "feel more fresh". Once u hav enter the workin society, then i would say...its the best time for u to start this hobby again. Ultimately, u r spendin ur own money then. ;)

Btw, u livin off ur parents expenses now. Juz imagine they cut ur "$upply".....tat will be very misearable and not forgettin u still have 2.5yrs belong to the Government. Who's gonna look after ur tank then (if u decide to go against ur parent and keep it).

Well said!!!

Bro bubble_gum,

If you really can convince yourself you can manage your time and finances well, then keep on on reefing!! Else like what jd_n said, put your studies as priority and other things else as secondary.

Reefing is a very time and money consuming hobby

Anyway, you can always start afresh once you have more time in your hands.

• SRC Member

start all over again.....wha.....just like that..... :blink:

it all depends on bro.bubble if he can handle both and his tank is manageble come to think of it.

I don't think his parents are uncompromising if he did his best where his grades are concerned. What if he gave this up and still can't give 100%.... :blink: (bro.bubble I know you can do well ah just an example)

in that case no GF as well because that might distract him too..... :unsure:

• SRC Member

yea... if like that also cannot have gf?! lol... love for gf is same as love for reefing... have strong passion for it... anyway bubble_gum you spent very little on reefing as compared to me even... finances shouldn't be a problem... time management is the key... what is important in life is not just getting good grades and getting a good degree or diploma... ultimately, what is most important is being happy... we all have to juggle between work/school, gf/wife and reefing it's how we manage our time..unless your gf also strongly disaprove then I got nothing to say lol, just dun be talking abt your tank toomuch in front of her.. or maybe you canget her interested in reefing too(not an easy task, I've tried...:().

after all, studies and money is not everything.. if you are still passionate about reefing I think it isn't wise to quit... you'll still be thinking about it... as I already said in my previous posts, try to cut down on those high maintainence stuff and dun always cheong LFS.

passion for reefing, passion for life ;)

Live and Let Live

It takes a brave person to put down something he/she likes for the time being. I myself might lack such courage. Anyway, nothing wrong with reefing and studying at the same time. Why not just limit LFS visits to every weekend? At least you'll have something to look forward too. For me, I go LFS at least 3 times a week even while I was studying. The only time I remembered truly studying was 1 week before exams... :rolleyes::ph34r: Studying all the time can drive a person nuts. Not every person with a master or phd has the sanest of minds. Probably they fried their brains? :rolleyes: I learnt lots through reefing, probably much more than what is taught in school (which is probably 70-80% pure memorising and regurgitation). Actually I find education here is deeply flawed, at least for my generation. :ph34r:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

thanks alot guys for ur kind words......

first of all i shouldnt have made any decisions in a rush.thats one mistake i made...

my parents didnt force me to give up this hobby but after what they said.... they make it sound as if this hooby is money wasting and doesnt prove any purpose <_< they said my tank looks cheap.... with the wires comming out eveywhr and seeing bottles on my tank(kawasser dripper)

whenever they walk into an LFS and see a display tank.... they expect my tank to look like tt and they will refuse to invest anything in my set up. ok tt ws fine with me.... so i joined SRC... read up abit... lfs during the hols wif my bro and gf..... ryz meet and know alot of lfs owners/lobangs.... and nw when my tank looks great.... just because they bought me 4kg of LR.... they expect to put the tank downstairs :angry: they said keep nice nice thing in ur room then dun wan ppl to see.... i mean tt is so unfair. its up to me whether i wana keep it in my room or nt becase most of the money was mine to begin with :erm: my sweat.... pain... effort... one example, when my bro upgrade a computer part, did my mum ask it to put in the living room? i mean its up to me what? this really turns me off....

and now with school starting i will nt be as free as i was.... tt wat makes me think i should stop this hobby for a while.....

im gg to stop investing and buying livestock aredi.... i have talked to my bro and instead of geeting my t5s from me for my bdae.... he is gg to open an account for my hobby for me... i will downgarde... maybe just keep a few precious corals and fishes tt i can support with whatever equipment i have....

any money tt i want to spent on any livestock or money tt i can get selling my corals will be placed into the account. my finalcial adviser, my brother will handle my funds for my hobby.....

now u may ask what is tt accout for...... afther trivolli's 2000$ update he really inspired me. my gf also support this hobby and she agreed to this idea.

i m gg to start back my hobby once i feel tt i can handle and manage my time well. for the moment im gg to save what ever i can and place it in my account. probably end of this year or early nest year when im settled and gooten used to sch im gg to start back my hooby.... but no more messy wires and what nt.... by then im getting a proper tank and all.... if i wan to take this hobby seriously im gg to do one hell of a gd job at it :P

so i conclude tt im nt quitting this hobby and im gg ti prove to my parents tt i will handle my time and balance out my family/sch/gf and my hobby :)

nw i will just enjoy what i have and maintain it. if i cant care for my delicate corals and give tt the proper attention... i will sell them and the money will go to my account :) i will get all the proper equipments especially a proper tank + cabinet + sump first... no more short cuts. i realised tt i was trying to save money but acually wasting more money by buying a workable alternative....

im gg to give more attention to my studies and slowly save up until i feel tt i can start it again once im settled down with sch. this tiem im gg to do a proper job

thanks again to sis ap , bro j_dn , ryz, nicky , gt , fuel , TWS and eveyone whoe helped my really thought this through..... :peace:

yea... if like that also cannot have gf?! lol... love for gf is same as love for reefing... have strong passion for it... anyway bubble_gum you spent very little on reefing as compared to me even... finances shouldn't be a problem... time management is the key... what is important in life is not just getting good grades and getting a good degree or diploma... ultimately, what is most important is being happy... we all have to juggle between work/school, gf/wife and reefing it's how we manage our time..unless your gf also strongly disaprove then I got nothing to say lol, just dun be talking abt your tank toomuch in front of her.. or maybe you canget her interested in reefing too(not an easy task, I've tried...:().

after all, studies and money is not everything.. if you are still passionate about reefing I think it isn't wise to quit... you'll still be thinking about it... as I already said in my previous posts, try to cut down on those high maintainence stuff and dun always cheong LFS.

passion for reefing, passion for life ;)

Hmm good to hear that you have come to suck conclusion........ Anyway i really envy you having such a nice bro.... i myself is an only child, haiz everything must do myself buy with my own $$$ except with occasional parent support <_<<_<<_< How coem i dun see my dispar members footing my electrical bills :lol::lol:<_<<_<

How's the elegance now???

The worm is a scavenger...normally appears when corals or fishes going :sick:

• SRC Member

bro glad to hear that u r continueing the hobby :D:D

saturday bought a tang like ryz one but o yellow ye ing n a PBT all clena my tnak algae first the bristle tooth tang clean than few hours ltr the PBT nth to do also follow clean algae :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
bro glad to hear that u r continueing the hobby :D:D

saturday bought a tang like ryz one but o yellow ye ing n a PBT all clena my tnak algae first the bristle tooth tang clean than few hours ltr the PBT nth to do also follow clean algae :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:eyeblur: ........ :lol: my kole eating aredi :P

im continuing but i most probably switch to FOWLR when sch starts :)