bubble_gum's new 3feet reef!!!

bubble_gum

• SRC Member

well well..... here it goes.... i have set up y 2feet and it taught me alot of this. from tank crashes to growing clams, finally i m going to embark on my bigger piece of the ocean. :D

i was sitting in my room looking at the tank and realised that its time for an upgrade. my giant squamosa is growing and even the mantle seems to be overlapping my brain coral and my derasa showin accelerated shell growth.... all my livestock is shouting out for help. :lol:

okok i have a FOWLR in my living room which was once a very2 long time ago my mother's softies tank. nw its jus a couple of urchins and turbo's and a regal blue, scopas, maroon clown, and and orchid dottyback. the newest fish is the regal blue and the scopas. im gg to use tt tank for my new 3feet reef!!!

1st problem. whem im shifting my tank, i am very sure tt im gg to strees the hell out of my regal blue, so im gg to sell it away 1sst so it wont get stress by the move.

secondly, i have a cabinet fitting exactly for the tank. :huh: the tank size is 36(L)" by 18(B)" by20(H)". okok the cabinet is nt meant for a fish tank but i did a simple test. ;)

i am abt 85kg. so if i am jumping the acceleration due to gravity is lets say abt 10. so when i jumped on the cabinet, its abt 850kg .so i jump on the cabinet and it didnt break. hmmm finally i found a use for wat i learn in physics in sch :lol:

im gg to post pictures of the cabinet soon. confirm nt chipboard wood though. the wood is abt 1inch plus thick.

well with a click of a button, this is my first stept on embarking my new 3feet reef!!!!! :yeah::peace:

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i ask my bro to help me enough.... aniwae 3ft onli wad..... hahahahaha

quite gd ar my plan.... :idea: somemore my FOWLR has abt 30kg of LR aredi. dun have to disturb my 2ft reef. later can transfer ls one by one :P

• SRC Member
i am abt 85kg. so if i am jumping the acceleration due to gravity is lets say abt 10. so when i jumped on the cabinet, its abt 850kg .so i jump on the cabinet and it didnt break. hmmm finally i found a use for wat i learn in physics in sch :lol:

Wah...like that also can?! :lol:

Better be careful! go bigger la....4 feet!!! :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I suggest you dun use anything in your 2ft for the cycling of the 3ft.

Buy everything and cycle them in the 3ft. When the 3ft has completed the cycle, then transfer the 2ft LS over. This will reduce minimum stress.

But if you can't run both tank concurrently, (due to space or whatever reason), I would suggest you sell off everything. bec LS will suffer lots of stress and die-off in temporary holding area, or even in a newly cycled tank. (Btw, I've seen some senior reefer holding tank, which is much better equipped than our Actual tank. :P )

:)

on a lighter note, if you are selling your fish and clams, I'm in queue no 1, okie?

:D

• SRC Member
I suggest you dun use anything in your 2ft for the cycling of the 3ft.

Buy everything and cycle them in the 3ft. When the 3ft has completed the cycle, then transfer the 2ft LS over. This will reduce minimum stress.

But if you can't run both tank concurrently, (due to space or whatever reason), I would suggest you sell off everything. bec LS will suffer lots of stress and die-off in temporary holding area, or even in a newly cycled tank. (Btw, I've seen some senior reefer holding tank, which is much better equipped than our Actual tank. :P )

:)

on a lighter note, if you are selling your fish and clams, I'm in queue no 1, okie?

:D

ok i noe transferring the tank would strees the livestock but im gg sell my maroon and bt only as the scopas was a bdae gift. maybe the scopas can put in my 2ft reef 1st :fear:

thanks for the advice. :thanks: damm excites. the water volume abt 2.5 times more. more stablity and larger margin for unseen erroer!!! :upsidedown::)

• SRC Member

ok i noe transferring the tank would strees the livestock but im gg sell my maroon and bt only as the scopas was a bdae gift. maybe the scopas can put in my 2ft reef 1st :fear:

thanks for the advice. :thanks: damm excites. the water volume abt 2.5 times more. more stablity and larger margin for unseen erroer!!! :upsidedown::)

:off:

bt I want! :yeah:

• SRC Member

good luck in your upgrade.....maybe you can start planning first, like equipment, lights, fan/chiller, etc....even LR need to choose carefully..dun make mistake like me...buy a batch not nice one, then buy another batch nice buy exp. one! ;)

• SRC Member

Agree with Nutx....I bought 8 shrimps but all died in my temporary holding area!! Stress Stress Stress....Sigh! Very very heart pain!!! :cry::cry:

• SRC Member
good luck in your upgrade.....maybe you can start planning first, like equipment, lights, fan/chiller, etc....even LR need to choose carefully..dun make mistake like me...buy a batch not nice one, then buy another batch nice buy exp. one! ;)

ermm getting mh but duno wen sia. probbly have to place my clams superbly high up on the rocks as im running pls 1st. my room aircon and temp art 16 liddet. if i use mh and fan i think its possible.

liverocks i think i got enough. but mabe get some nice plate kind of liverocks for a more layered look. :)

hmm think cycle the tank again. probly take 3weeks so better start on monday :( think gg to break my back... again!!! <_<

• SRC Member
Agree with Nutx....I bought 8 shrimps but all died in my temporary holding area!! Stress Stress Stress....Sigh! Very very heart pain!!! :cry::cry:

im nt gg to disturb my 2feet reef for abt 3weeks then slowly add my livestocks after the tank up in my room for a while..... jus tt i have to give up my bt and my maroon :(

• SRC Member

i dont want to part with any of my fishes. maybe i shift my FOWLR into my room 1st. but it will stress my tangs then kena whitespot how?? :blink::blink: is it ok to place the fishes in a pail for a few hours with a powerhead while i shift the tank??? :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

hwy finally decided to upgrade?? haha told u already... two feet a bit cramp lah... issit a 3 by 2 by 2?

anyway, the acceleration produced by gravity although is approx 10ms-2, it is already applying that force on you... so that means your weight is 850N not 850kg.. your mass is 850kg... jumping on the cabinet doesn't mean you're exerting 850kg of weight on it bro ;)

85kg=mass 85kg plus 10ms-2 of gravitational acceleration=850N 1N = 0.1kg

good luck on your endeavour man... you getting MH? get those victron pendant or those aquarium one?? wah.. must post pics of your progress man... if you scared your regal blue get stressed, can tompang my tank first! ;)

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
anyway, the acceleration produced by gravity although is approx 10ms-2, it is already applying that force on you... so that means your weight is 850N not 850kg.. your mass is 850kg... jumping on the cabinet doesn't mean you're exerting 850kg of weight on it bro ;)

85kg=mass 85kg plus 10ms-2 of gravitational acceleration=850N 1N = 0.1kg

ba :o:blink::eyeblur:

• SRC Member

tank size is 36(L)" by 18(" by20(H)".weird tanks size. no sump leh. later then i will add external overflow n sump. no monies.... think the cabinet is safe liao. at least wont corrode like WI stand ;)

• SRC Member
haha good luck bro... after wednesday can go LFSing again!!!

must stop lfsing man!!! got 2bt, 1pt, and one scopas :fear:

wana put the pt and scopas together but scared they :evil: . im shifting my FOWLR into my room. impossible to convert into a reef downstairs cos of the heat man :unsure:

• SRC Member
tank size is 36(L)" by 18(" by20(H)".weird tanks size. no sump leh. later then i will add external overflow n sump. no monies.... think the cabinet is safe liao. at least wont corrode like WI stand ;)

Is that 18" the width? Later will find it a bit cramp too. ;)

So, u've bought the tank already? :rolleyes:

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member
i dont want to part with any of my fishes. maybe i shift my FOWLR into my room 1st. but it will stress my tangs then kena whitespot how?? :blink::blink: is it ok to place the fishes in a pail for a few hours with a powerhead while i shift the tank??? :eyeblur:

definitely not in pail.

I think the stress will be less if you can bag them up for a few hours instead. But both method are highly not recommended. bec dun forget, the tank that you will be releasing them back into, the condition is not in tip-top yet.

• SRC Member

definitely not in pail.

I think the stress will be less if you can bag them up for a few hours instead. But both method are highly not recommended. bec dun forget, the tank that you will be releasing them back into, the condition is not in tip-top yet.

i have another 3ft holding only seawater and a trigger and some liverocks.... should i put in in there 1st??? the tank is sed to store extra sea water for water change... a few hours in there should be ok right??? ;)