I was stink with tiny little sharp needles!!!

• SRC Member

yesterday, when i was changing the aquascape of my corals, i was badly stink by many many short little needles.... dammm it hurts! and i need to pluck one by one out using my nails. MAN! ... this is lame! can i know what cause these reaction? the stink sharp needle was about 0.1mm and its white in colour. Even then, after getting rid most of the needles, my fingers hurts now... :~(

Only after i was stunk! i wear 5 dispossible glove on one hand!! Guys, u all should wear gloves :)

• SRC Member

It's very common when was aranging rocks. Don't know what it is but it's ok i'm still here! :rolleyes:

When ever i do aranging of corals or rocks i have my splinter tweezer next to me B) very useful.

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

I get stung all the time, and it hurts for a day or two.... don't remember seeing any needle though. But I like the idea of life in my rocks.... :P

But bristleworms do occupy deadrocks too right?

:off: if I may, mrjoe, how often do you wash your rocks? You mean like take them out for a scrub? That'll mean 'setup' and 'teardown' every now and then right? :)

• SRC Member

ya i got the same experience... should be bristleworms becos i killed 2 that was staying in that same rock. an easy way to remove the stings is to just run ur fingers thru your hair :sick: i know it may sound disgusting but it works. :cry: dunno lah

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

From www.ipsf.com

"Our Baby Bristle Worms package comes with 6 fine young specimens, all about 0.5 - 1.0 inches in length. USD $19.95"

Now u know their worth?

If u r willing .. small worm would be great .. 4" is good as well.

• SRC Member

It will only pain for a few days to a week :o ...not serious...look at those who are stung b4...they & myself are still alive...basically all uncured LR contain bristle worms and they will sting u :fear:

previously i also didn't know wat tat is...and i went back to scold the LFS who sold me the LR...hehehehe :D

• SRC Member

I'll take a closeup photo shot tonight on the spikes that is on the LR. The tiny sharp spikes is protruding out in a circular fashion on the LR.

Not sure if the spikes are left behind by bristleworms (of course these worms do bite).