which part of roidan's thread u love most?

19percula

which part of roidan's thread u love most?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. which part of roidan's thread u love most?

• pics of clams
    • pics of fishes
    • setup of his tank
    • pics of his corals
    • others pls specify

btw bro roidan i suggest u to put something like a bookmark or link to yr clams pic coz i always forget which page is it

then everytime i want to show yr pic to my frenzs have to search very long leh

actually quite true...

will do a sectional link to different topics of my humongous thread soon...

anyway, how to vote if no pics of my tank...here..

latest pic...many fishes hiding because scraped the algae off the back wall.... :)

post-11-1082623370.jpg

I was thinking if I should just shut up and forget abt the whole incident since I no longer use those chillers or should I let the truth surface so that newer reefers don't get sucked into the blackhole.

Hiak, at times it is a very difficult decision too :P There is just insufficiently good information avaliable for us when we're buying a chiller.

Most of the time it is based on hear say and at times the information are pretty bias.

Sometimes due to one reason or the very imporant information cannot be circulated so newbie got the wrong idea and bought the wrong stuff.

as long as what you say is objective, there is no reason why u cannot express disappointment or negative feedback over a product...more so, when you have been using it.

not as though you heard from others that it is no good and you carry on here....

especially for new brands that spring up overnight due to the money surge in this hobby, everyone has to be careful..

just like buying a car....

if you are newbie to car stuff, but have the dough, you wun go wrong with the european marques like BMW, Mercedes,Audi or even Volvo

but if you just got to be more careful when you choose to buy the other less established brands ...dun wanna mention in case offend bros driving those brands..hehe

yes, you often pay tat premium for the reputation and prestige with a brand rather than the real performance. But at least, there is strict consistency and standard in the expensive reputed product u paid for

yes, you often pay tat premium for the reputation and prestige with a brand rather than the real performance. But at least, there is strict consistency and standard in the expensive reputed product u paid for

Roidan,

The biggest problem is that some particular brand has given the wrong impression that it is very high standard and has superb performance.

Like I said previously due some reasons, some FACTS are not being circulated around, if those are made known to me I would have avoided it in the first place.

Yes perhaps I could put up another one in the product review section :P

My review in Jan was correct. The weather was so much cooling at that time but now the temp has raised and you can really see the difference in performance. Therefore the cooler months are not suitable to do chiller reviews.

I agree with bro Roidan, what I said if from what I know and from what I see and experienced and not unfound rumours from 3rd parties so I don't see any reason why I should not post them out for the benefit of everyone!

i get your drift bro...

but remember, they can claim that they give superb performance and this and that..

but the bottomline is, how long have they been around?

decades? if they have been around for decades in this hobby and yet able to maintain a good reputation and feedback, then it is my socalled reputed brands that you need to pay a premium.

not those new brands that capitalises on the recent surge in interest to make a quick buck...

if we were all a bunch of uneducated ahpeks, then we probably can be fooled by their socalled claims, but the fortunate thing for us and unfortunate thing for them is that, we have technicians, engineers, or even rocket scientists in here to help out..

some may be misled into buying, but at least the better informed and relevantly educated bros here can put those claims into the dust :)

and not only u have technical knowledge but more importantly so, onsite usage feedback which makes u one of the better people around to comment on the chiller :)

there may be aircon experts around but they may not seen or use that chiller in question...

so you are the man ;)