Rabbit fish & Foxface

Was considering add this family of fish Foxface & rabbit fish.

In particular Foxface Lo (Siganus vulpinus) as I saw them once in a while in LFS. More specifically to deal with bryopsis which might come and haunt me as I saw some in my overflow box.

Is this a good idea. Saw on liveaquaria that they sometimes nip on soft corals & hard coral polyps.

I've no softies in my reef tank. Only LPS and SPS. + a coco worm which I can get rid of.

Like to hear your experience with this fish if anyone of you keep it.

Not kanna but kanna quite long ago but under control.

I think my increase dosing of DT might have cause them to start to bloom.

Have already stopped dosing DT and feeding reduce by 50% so my poor fishes only got abt 10 small pellets to eat everyday. One 4" tang only got one small pellet. Oh poor thing :P

that's just part of the reason.

I went to big boss AT's place and saw his fishes.

Instantly fall in love with the salifin tang and foxface. Don't believe you can ask him lor. I keep asking abt these two fishes from him lol.

Okie now I got the salifin already. Next I am going for the foxface but just worried maybe got problem with LPS.

Those worms can go to hell. I can always shift them to my 2ft cube.

• SRC Member

Had a fox face for abt 1year. Greedy little bugger, eats almost anything.. Even nibbled and ate my mushrooms, not kidding. :angry: (Does anyone have the same problem??) Dont believe can test run this little greedy monster. Got used to food pellets that it doesnt fancy veg. anymore.

• SRC Member
Had a fox face for abt 1year. Greedy little bugger, eats almost anything.. Even nibbled and ate my mushrooms, not kidding. :angry: (Does anyone have the same problem??) Dont believe can test run this little greedy monster. Got used to food pellets that it doesnt fancy veg. anymore.

mine dun eat my mushroom....but eat everyting i feed ...i kal him moving dustbin hahahhaha :D:D:D

• SRC Member

i got a 4" foxface from mr niceeee. very good fish, always play with my sponges. make the sponge to one place and another. cute rabbit fish with greedy eating . recently i got ich when my angel have. i saw my foxface got 4 to 5 spots. already cure , good fighter of ich :D .now my frend :( fishes got ich.

rabbitfish quite hardy. they can camoflage during at night. i love to see their skin patterns when stressed. really serious this foxface are magical fish.army color to white to yellow. mine have a big spot on his skin :whistle .the big spot can strech quite long. dont know why. strech like water dripping. magical fish indeed. :bow:

• SRC Member
Froggy, are you going to give up that foxface? I'll glady take over it. How big is it? :P

The little bugger's abt 4-5inch.. You want, can. Self collect at Ang mo kio, after this weekend. I'm tearing down and re-doing my tank.. PM me your details, will notify you when i'm done.. :D

• SRC Supporter
Is this Byropsis? :huh: (the one behind the green grapes)

I use it for my refugium.....is it alright? :huh:

i have these growing in my refugium,use to have them in my main tank,but they died off.. my tang ate them.. er.. i thought they were normal sea grass :shock:

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed