Setting Up Wireless Broadband

Tigger

I am using netgear.. no problem so far.. idiot proof wireless.. so far veri happy with it.

AT, you using cable or ADSL.. your modem may have some problem.

I just recently ask my uncle inlaw to exchange his Samsung cable modem to exchange for a new one.

After the exchange no more problem liao. Its a known "bug" especially using USB port modem.

• SRC Member
Hi Keith, U still ard sgp?

Choice now for router is Netgear, SMC or Linksys. Which one is better. Seems like alot of ppl using Netgear

Like wat I mentioned earlier, take a walk at SLS, check out the packages they offer...they do have wireless ADSL router ###### modem and pcmcia card bundle together.

and if you really have the budget, you might wanna try Cisco Aironet...solid stuff (Suntec city n some of the Big hotels are using this) but hor price is super steep. :P

btw, when u get the router, get those tat offer basic firewall features like NAT, port forwarding etc. (hmm..then again I think most of the new routers in market oredi came with such features..)

• SRC Member

I'm using Linksys router/RG with Alcatel ADSL modem in Singapore and Prolink ADSL modem/router with Avaya residential gateway in UK for my wireless networks. I prefer Linksys for ease of use but Avaya products look the best. Prolink has the least user friendly interface. If you use it, I hope you like DOS and Unix.

My friends conducted a wireless PC Card shootout before with Linksys, Cisco and Avaya. We had out laptops and took a walk until the signal fell to zero. Avaya won with a large margin followed by Cisco.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Hey... i restart and restart.. even my modem got restarted... and our PCs too... I suspect something else.. sigh.

Sometime it might be due to the line use for your wireless... every wireless access point will alot you to choose line 1-13. If your neighbour are also using wireless and using the same line as you.

Both of you will face problem as there might be a cross line (conflict)..