Doorstep CO2 collection & delivery service

PLataX

• SRC Member

Hi All,

As some of u reefers noe, we have been providing DOORSTEP CO2 collection service for about a month now. Here are the updates on our service:

Refilling of Canisters 5Liters & below is $25.50 (Normal service) and $30.00 (Express Service). Normal = 2working days & express = 1working day.

Hydrotesting (recommended to be performed once every 5yrs) cost $20 (normal) and $30(express). Normal = 3working days and express 1 to 2 working days.

If hydrotesting fails, we will not refill and the can will be sent back to u if u still want it.....so far only 1 experience wif that!

Our hydrotesting is professionally certified! U will receive the cert upon delivery.....many LFS claim they hydrotest for us but I never did get a cert....one of the reasons why I decided to provide this service....

Anyway, we r lookin into purchasing canisters so that we can provide immediate 1 to 1 exchange right at your doorstep!!! will update u guys.....cheers!!!

ISLANWIDE Doorstep CO2 refill @ $42.00 (5L and below)sms 93638229 now!!!! For larger canisters do enquire:]

• SRC Member

:o:o Sorrie....for those who forgot or dun noe our contact numbers.....SMS us at:

93638229 (for central and east-iders)

98769901 (for west and north-siders)

ISLANWIDE Doorstep CO2 refill @ $42.00 (5L and below)sms 93638229 now!!!! For larger canisters do enquire:]

• SRC Member

Hi,

would like to ask some questions which I orginally asked when you first posted about this wonderful service but unfortunately my questions did not get answered. So here it is again! :)

Q: How are you refilling the cannisters? I.e. are you bringing to places like SOXAL for example for them to refill or simply decanting? I.e. transfering from a big huge cannister to a smaller one?

Thanks! :)

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
So if the test fails then how? Can get the cylinder fixed?

If fail, depressurise cylinder, unscrew valve, clean the threads, wrap new telfon tapes (5 rounds) then screw back tight. Pressure up, check for leak with soap water (mama lemon), still leak, spot the leaking area, depressure, use those steel eproxy mix and apply on leak spot and allow dry (24hrs). Check for leak again........

Still leak, pass it to me and I'll put it with my collection for bowling pins. Hehe

Eric

If fail, depressurise cylinder, unscrew valve, clean the threads, wrap new telfon tapes (5 rounds) then screw back tight. Pressure up, check for leak with soap water (mama lemon), still leak, spot the leaking area, depressure, use those steel eproxy mix and apply on leak spot and allow dry (24hrs). Check for leak again........

If you're not sure, don't anyhow wack and give wrong advise. Later those kids go follow and wait accident happen then you'll be guilty forever.

• SRC Member
would like to ask some questions which I orginally asked when you first posted about this wonderful service but unfortunately my questions did not get answered. So here it is again! 

Q: How are you refilling the cannisters? I.e. are you bringing to places like SOXAL for example for them to refill or simply decanting? I.e. transfering from a big huge cannister to a smaller one?

First of all, I apologise for not replying to u Cedric, I lost the thread...simply cant find it....not this time though....

Ok....we'll take our cans to either SOXAL or National Oxygen (NOX)...so no decanting....good pressure....When I first started in the hobby, i always kena decanting treatment :( ...And now that I know the best sources in Singapore, I bring it to everyone...heehee...

AS for cans that fail hydrotesting, we either return it to u but u'll have to bear the cost of the test lah...but so far only 1 poor chap kena....I strongly advise againt self repair unless u r a trained pro....otherwise we'll get the pros to mend but even the pros recommend discarding the cans if got leak....so :nuke: is best!

• SRC Member

Still leak, pass it to me and I'll put it with my collection for bowling pins. Hehe

Eric

BROS: :ph34r:

CHECKING FOR LEAK HUH ! ME WELL VERSED IN THAT, COZ TATZ MY JOB!!! IF U HAVE A PRESSURE GAUGE U CAN TELL IF ITS LEAKING FORM THE READING ON THE GAUGE; WAT HAPPENS IF CYLINDER LEAKS FROM MORE THAN ONE LOCATION ???MAYBE AT THE BASE OF THE CYLINDER !!! USING SOAP WATER TO FIND THE LEAK IS .............NOT SAFE I TINK! PROPER WAY SHOULD BE..... A HELIUM LEAK DETECTOR !!!!

SOXAL/NOX GUYS WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TRYING TO CONVEY OR IF YOU ARE IN THE SEMICONDUCTOR LINE U'LL APPRECIATE....

BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY.....!!! :cry2:

THX N RGDS

REEFSHARK <:}}}}><

As fish are caught in a cruel net or birds are taken in a snare,so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.Ecc 9:12

• SRC Member
Reefshark...

thanks for the advice. but it'd be nice if you didn't type it in caps. (=

BRO : :cry:

SORRY !!! ME USED TO TYPING IN CAPS, ITS DOES NOT MEAN THAT I'M SHOUTING...NO HARD FEELINGZ BUDDY!!! :shock:

RGDS

REEFSHARK <:}}}}><

As fish are caught in a cruel net or birds are taken in a snare,so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.Ecc 9:12