Beckett Nozzle and Mazzei Injectors

sunny03

TKS guys think i will try out mazzei first as it does not required a pressure rated pump and maybe thc can post the pic of his mazzei diy skimmer

? I thought the info says you need a pressure rated pump albeit a lower capacity one to perform properly? :erm:

• SRC Member

According to one of the posting in reef central

"I have the 1/2" Mazzei 384 injector. Mazzei told me in order for this injector to work I would need a high psi pump. So I got a Via-Aqua 4900 rated @ 1320gph. It still did not produce a the amount of bubbles needed. I don't understand if Littleprince is using a mazzei#584 with a mag5 which is at a lower gph than my pump and he's getting a good foam. This is my second injector the frist was a mazzei 684 that they recommended and I returned it for the 384 which is still not performing. And yes it's on the right way. Anyone can help me out here, where am I going wrong."

Mag 5 is not a prressure rated pump but produce more foam...tis is only one of the evident that shows mazzei doesn't need a pressure rated pump..... :lol:

• SRC Member

So much power?!!.. i suggest you check out the link i provided earlier to decide on which pump you want to use...

Below quote was posted by ir330s (OEM wholesaler for Mazzei)

"The Iwaki 70RLT is an excellent pump rated at 1500 gph. The maximum flow rate for the 684 and the 784 is around 900 gph. A Mag 9.5 or a Mag 7 is just fine. The injectors are made to run on low PSI. Everybody thinks using a high psi pump is better but not nessarily. It only stresses out the pump. Not matter what size pump is being used, the 684 will only allow a maximum of 900 gph thru the injector. Hope this helps out. "

Hope it clears your doubt.... :lol:

• SRC Member

den i have no pump liao to drive the injector only left with eheim 1260

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

maybe a 684 or 784 using a MD 40 to drive it if too strong for it can T off and use as a return to main tank as my main tank plan to use haila 6000L as the main return

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
maybe a 684 or 784 using a MD 40 to drive it if too strong for it can T off and use as a return to main tank as my main tank plan to use haila 6000L as the main return

Maybe you can try 1262, it should be good enough..... :D

• SRC Member

problem is that i dont hava so have to decide these 3 pump using which for skimmer