Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

when the chiller is running...it eventually comes down to the set temp....but will climb up again quite soon...think my house very hot.. :(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deepblue:

hot issit because you close all the windows since no one around when you and your wife go to work? and when you come home open the door feel very hot

just saw my latest utilities bill....just below 400...*just*

when my skimmer comes and if rise to 500...i am going to be more picky and start to think of saving electricity liao...

no way i am going to pay 600 a month on utilities :sick:

• SRC Member
to be frank...electrical bill running high and the chiller seems to be running very long and often ...is it the weather or something wrong with my chiller??

That's why I always cautious in the chiller thread to evaluate with personal friend's experience, and not listen to review or promoter with 'commercial' interest.

my chiller is running abt 2 hrs to cool down 0.8degree in the current hot weather, with 900watts MH running. without lights, abt 1hr to cool down. I dun think anyone should experience longer running time than my, bec my chiller (1/3hp) is definitely under power for my tank and heat! :P

(bec no money and no space to upgrade leow.... :( )

• SRC Member
just saw my latest utilities bill....just below 400...*just*

For your info, effect from 1st July 2004 electrical rate will increase from $0.158 to $0.1635 per kwh.

Happy reefing.

:peace:

That's why I always cautious in the chiller thread to evaluate with personal friend's experience, and not listen to review or promoter with 'commercial' interest.

I fully agree on this. Everyone selling chiller will say their chiller is the most powerful, cools down the fastest etc. Best to go pple's house and visit, experience for yourself how fast the chiller can cool down tank.

my chiller is running abt 2 hrs to cool down 0.8degree in the current hot weather, with 900watts MH running. without lights, abt 1hr to cool down. I dun think anyone should experience longer running time than my, bec my chiller (1/3hp) is definitely under power for my tank and heat! :P

(bec no money and no space to upgrade leow.... :(  )

My chiller is running 50 mins to drop 0.8 degs. This is chilling a 4x2x2.5 (650W MH) + 2x2x2 ft (150W) MH during the MH hrs in the day time. In the night time is needs 35mins.

wah liew..dun put polariser ...wait got dust settle on the lens must clean very ley chey one...hehe

clear clear pics of my reef taken with a better camera than my current v1 coming soon, i hope :P

Cleaning is very easy :P Not too difficult. Even with polariser or protective filters like UV etc you still need to clean the filter.

Wow new toy coming? Siao liao all the photos can see the tangs teeth, the anthias scales etc liao lol.

bro..thanks for the info...love the new addition in my tank :lol::wub:

seldom see one bigger than palm size :lol::lol:

post-34-1088256295.jpg

bro..thanks for the info...love the new addition in my tank :lol:  :wub:

seldom see one bigger than palm size :lol:  :lol:

Hmm nice specimen.. hope you understand it is not easy to maintain cat's paw coral.... pocillopora verrucosa

Hmm who did you got it from

I know it is tough...but that's the spirit of trying lah...anyway...it wont survive any longer in the place I bought it from...better chance in my tank. (I told you this morning lah...you busy with 'PHONG' ..right??? ;)

if it dies....I have a huge rock for my reef structure...or break it and dump inside with the ARMS inthe Ca Reactor :evil:

I know it is tough...but that's the spirit of trying lah...anyway...it wont survive any longer in the place I bought it from...better chance in my tank. (I told you this morning lah...you busy with 'PHONG' ..right??? ;)

if it dies....I have a huge rock for my reef structure...or break it and dump inside with the ARMS inthe Ca Reactor :evil:

where you buy from.. ya busy with phong