Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in that case ...it is a common to see this specimen lah ;)

saw your rics....went down today...chose one..but Henry asked me to buy some other time... :lol::lol::lol:

I probably may not have much chance liaoz....thinking of closing tank soon :lol::lol::lol::lol: a bit bored recently

I think you and weileong has the most tangs in Singapore lah... look at your signature can count how many u got already... wow!! very impressive bro...

Any updates about your sohal and sailfin? still 'arguing'?

no lah....

we are just trigger-happy reefers...keep taking pics..

so many reefers with impressive fishes and tanks who do not post or even not in the forum totally...

we are just casual reefers with probably an equal love for reef photography in the dry....

not in the wet..coz we are not divers :lol:

still squabbling...but slightly improving...seems that sohal wants to guard the mid section of the tank....but i dunno why he only targets the sailfin since the rest of the tangs hang around the area too <_<

DB, you want to close down such a nice tank? close down as in stop stocking up or ???

I am getting a bit bored...and the chiller heat, heat from the 500W MH is getting to me....

or

after trying out SPS...time to go for something I have not tried....anemones :yeah: with percula clowns (half inch sized) ...put in 20 of them :lol::lol:

in that case ...it is a common to g T95 see this specimen lah ;)

saw your rics....went down today...chose one..but Henry asked me to buy some other time... :lol::lol::lol:

I probably may not have much chance liaoz....thinking of closing tank soon :lol::lol::lol::lol: a bit bored recently

Hmm what disease is it call... seem like many reefer having same syndrome

deepblue:

yeah lor...dun worry, the ban lifted liao, should have more coming soon..hehe

i know powder brown...kept one last time in my old 4ft but it went tang heaven...hehe....but somehow i din notice the white face then...hehe

wah liew...no lah...i dun think you will give up your tank lah...

but in the case you want to do so, remember the non-sps stuff sell me...

the sps stuff sell weileong :P

Ok clarification time...

power brown-acanthurus japonicus(commonly found in philippine)

Powder black aka white cheek surgeon- acanthurus glaucopareius(can be found in indo as well as hawaii)

powder blue- acanthurus leucosternon- philippine have bali also have eh oh yah indian sea also have

they promoting Red Dragon now lei... :rolleyes:

wah liew...red dragon dun play play ok....

very expensive lor..it's a large upfront payment...although it has significant running savings..

but i compared some models of red dragon and some iwaki pump prices and running costs...

for some models matchup, it may take the red dragon up to a certain number of years to run before justifying the higher initial price....

the iwaki is cheaper at the start...but the higher running costs will catch up with the red dragon (high initial cost, low running cost) in a few years..

in other words, if one run the pumps together same time 24/7 for a few years...

below a certain number of years, the iwaki choice will be better....above a certain number of years...the red dragon choice will be better...as by then it will cover the high initial price already and starts pulling away with the watt for watt running cost savings

what i am afraid is that the red dragon fails before hitting the equilibrum number of years before it starts to represent real savings compared to iwaki....if i am not wrong the red dragon has 2 to 3 years warranty....

wat if the pump fails just after the warranty? that means before it can reap significant savings, it is out of service already.....then again it's german made and i have great regard for german engineering products generally

but iwakis have been know to last years after years.....a proven track record in terms of durability :)

• SRC Member

hmm..

Deepblue...shldnt give up your tank..it looks superb i must say..the colour combi etc...

i am aiming to model my tank after yours...such a well balanced mixed reef...

with many healthy tangs...

Ok clarification time...

power brown-acanthurus japonicus(commonly found in philippine)

Powder black aka white cheek surgeon- acanthurus glaucopareius(can be found in indo as well as hawaii)

powder blue- acanthurus leucosternon- philippine have bali also have eh oh yah indian sea also have

you are the man :bow:

er....can consider man already or not? :P

• SRC Member

aiyoh...you guys so mean...he only contemplating and you already want to book his stuff... ;)

Oh btw...DB...no need to kill your braincells and think who to pass what to lah...just pass me the whole tank with its 'ingredients' lor... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::P:P:P

:lol::lol::lol:

Wah!!! I will definitely make three enemies liao... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• SRC Member

Hmm what disease is it call... seem like many reefer having same syndrome

Bec now is school holiday...and our kind govt is giving out good bonus this year...so it's a disease with the following syndrome:

Eat too Full, Nothing to do ! :pinch:

:lol::D:lol:

Bec now is school holiday...and our kind govt is giving out good bonus this year...so it's a disease with the following syndrome:

Eat too Full, Nothing to do ! :pinch:

:lol::D:lol:

Maybe... so lfs out there.. you know what to do..... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: