Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

you can definitely have one in time to come, dun worry :)

they are sensitive and finicky fishes...but if you take good care of them, they tend to be quite strong once gotten used to the tank....

mine recently has a few specks of ich again..but shook it off again...but u can never underestimate ich....if it does turn into an outbreak...even non tangs will succumb <_<

actually chevrons are more expensive, generally over 100odd..whereas ATs are generally below 100.....both come from hawaii regions generally :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hmm....talking about ich....my Blue tang kanna already.....and it pass on to my Brown one as well......got to quickly get my new toy up and running!!! <_< Guess it is not adviseable to add anymore tangs when you spotted ich occuring in your existing inhabitant right? :( Sigh!.......My Mdm was telling me to get the fish with lips....hahaha.....a Naso I guess...... :lol:

u are very right..dun add any tangs when the existing ones are having problems...wait till u see the existing ones are doing well and at least...no visible ich on the body before u get another one...

not visible may mean slight infection but not serious....but when u can see ich and yet add some more tangs...then u are worsening a bad situation....hehe

go hook up the uv and see if it can clear the ich before adding another tang :)

• SRC Member

I think the general sentiments in RC is dat Chevron is more hardy than AT when it comes to ICH but if both survives the initial ich infection and eats well after 1 month or so, can consider it safe and the specimen will survive for a long time in the tank barring any extraordinary events

• SRC Member

It shd b "do not add in any more fishes" not juz tangs. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Congrat !!! very nice tank and fish's :rolleyes:

some question

Which has been the order of introduction of the surgeons?

And which of them it is the king? for you the achilles :P

Âżbut which controls the remainder?

Congrat !!! very nice tank and fish's  :rolleyes:

some question

Which has been the order of introduction of the surgeons?

And which of them it is the king? for you the achilles    :P  

Âżbut which controls the remainder?

honoured to have your nice comments from spain :)

the first tang was the yellow tang, followed by the sailfin...

the rest of the order kinda forgot...but if look thru the thread Roidan's Reef (I) carefully, should be able to track out the sequence... :)

the last is this biggie Achilles :)

there is no doubt who is king of the tank...the yellow tang (first tang in the tank which made it feel the whole tank is his)

but achilles has gained it's respect ;)

• SRC Member

Yup , patience and self-control is the key when it comes to stocking esp in ICH affected tanks... i have learnt it the hard way resulting in wipe-out of my tank inhabitants previously.... now taking things very slowly and have not added any fishes for at least 3 weeks already.. (apart from cleaner wrasses as a control measure)

Thks roidan.

The yelow tang are more "agresive" me tang controlled to acanthurus lienatus , and this it measures the double :o

• SRC Member

Wa say......spanish man......mai how lian leh........(I wonder does our Spanish friend knows what I am saying??? :huh: ).....hehehe... :P

Brother Rodian....no offend.....joking joking ok.... :paiseh::paiseh: hahahaha :lol:

Good roydan :rolleyes:

my english is very poor same you spanish :peace::)

I never look achilles tank in spain :cry: only by order

Its a fantastic fish, sorry but you first achilles