Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I'm dreaming of an ........................................AT...................................... :rolleyes:

not :lol::lol::lol::lol: unless I see one as nice as yours...but doubt so :erm:

I only have ONE zebrasoma and many acanthurus :lol:

oh yeah hor...

wah liew...the rest of your justice league not in there yet :P

i think i will be keeping the H&S for my 2ft cube...wat you think deepblue?

and which tunze stream should i get ah? for the 2ft cube?

i think i going for super big gravel or barebottom to prevent sandstorm

no need to get tunze in 2ft lah...keep your H&S....and use a couple of maxi jet..more than enough to create sandstorm liaoz ;)

rememeber can try to cut the outlet tube of the maxijet to create wide outflow...cover more areas ;)

me???

I have a list of peple you can ask:

1) BOSS

2) Morgan

3) Reef2

4) Hon

5) AGM

6) Chris

7) Joe P

8) danano

9) dersuz

10)Planetg

anyhow wack.......more than 10 pple who knows way more than me....I am a beginner... :lol:2 yrs of reefing nia :lol:

I think AP has kept sps before...can check with her...she 'll be more than willing to share with you. Me? a nobody with his little tiny world ;)

• SRC Member
remember can try to cut the outlet tube of the maxijet to create wide outflow...cover more areas ;)

Why must cut? I thought it comes with a 'spreader' for widening the outflow spout? :rolleyes: I bought a few and they do come with it...

Ray...barebottom is good... :yeah: Something diferent and more challenging?

deepblue:

i believe in what i see from pictures or in real life, no point having lots of experience and nothing to show for....picture says a thousand words..as i always say :)

your sps so nice, means you must be doing something correct to sustain them....

i have a simple approach to my 2ft sps cube..

either 250W DE or 400W SE

as little fish as possible...i can put all the fishes i like in my 6ft...

and keep the other parameters like calcium/alk high...

with alot of light, low bioload, good parameters, should be a good start to the system :)

waiting for the glassmaker to get back to me of a 2ft cube tank with front starphire glass....the sides i use normal glass..then can see the difference viewing from the front or the side...hehehe

going for dinner...back tonight ;)

should i go for 2.5 height since i am confined to 2x2 footprint?

but i have a big problem..chiller location...u saw for yourself...i really dunno where to put the chiller for this 2ft sps tank...

if this project really doesnt proceed, it's because i have problems placing the chiller...really no viable space <_<

Why must cut? I thought it comes with a 'spreader' for widening the outflow spout? :rolleyes: I bought a few and they do come with it...

check out the DIY thread which highlighted the alternate use of a maxijet as a wavemaker....discussed by RC guys. ;)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16487

totally agree with Roidan.....I dun like bare bottom tank.... :lol:

jie:

barebottom abit not natural leh..although easy to maintain...see how lor...hehe

weileong:

sandbed gives a natural look leh....barebottom look abit weird also

Once coraline algae fully cover the glass bottom then also quite nice :P

Or use a thin layer of sand then protect with LR ?

Deepblue: I might go with the maxijet for my FOWLR, no ned a lot of current but definately more than what I am getting now (almost no current) which is no good. Was thinking of a 6060 before.

Roidan, 2.5ft deep means you need higher power MH already. Somemore footprint is 2x2 so you can't really make a gentle slope.

true also...if 400W...then 2.5 should be no problem..think i stick to 2x2x2 lah..then is a real cube :lol:

but then i really got problem with the chiller placement..no place to do another cabinet to hide the chiller already

weileong and deepblue, you all came over before...no more space to put another chiller...how?

but the trunking will be very ugly leh..u saw for yourself...right side is the tv room area...left side is the corridor area to the rooms...

either side..the trunking have to travel very very very far....jialat sia....

tat's why i told you i was thinking iceprobe....but then 2ft cube will need alot....not cost effective leh :(