Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.... With all those floating shit in the water :sick: , it's never to early to run this skimmer.

Oh yes like to comment that the MX70 running pretty quiet and heat wise, now I can just put my hands on it for as long as I like. Do not have the burning feel like the resun MD55. This might be due to the larger fan running.

Actually....tang lovers who wants to keep quite a number of tangs should upgrade their skimmers.....whether H&S, Weipro, AquaCs, RSB....dun really think they are fast and efficient enough to remove all these waste from the water............. seems like a much more powerful skimmer must be used if you want to go sps

that's why to go sps while keeping tangs...upgrading to a powerful skimmer seems to be the recommended way.... ;););)

you can do a calculation easily

MH Lights: 0.5 x 10 x 30 x 0.16 = $24

sec Mh lights: 0.15 x 12 x 30 x 0.16 = $8.64

Ref PL lights: 0.072 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $8.29

pump ehiem 1260 for 2ft FOWLR : 0.065 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $7.49

pump for chiller : 0.085 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $9.79

UV for 2ft & 4ft : 0.072 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $8.29

tunze: 0.135 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $15.55

rowaphos rector pump: 0.01 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $1.15

chiller 0.6 x 5 x 30 x 0.16 = $14.4

circulation pump for CR 0.03 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $2.456

skimmer: 0.25 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $28.8

main return MD40 0.85 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $9.79

Total: $137.79

What else??

Oh yes after red dragon arrive I replace the MD40 and 1260 with it so should be

0.115 x 24 x 30 x 0.16 = $13.25

This is additional of $3.46 so total is $141.25 - $7.49 = $133.76

Also at the same time I will do away with the ref and save some money on the lights for PL, this also introduce lesser heat hence I save even more.

depending on the wattage. I agar with my MH ($30), plus chiller ($20).

other stuffs like skimmer,tunzes, etc, another $10-15.

So I now sleep w/o aircon for most nite, just go ######.. haha..!!

• SRC Member
wah liew..u all count everything ah..

i can't be bothered..although i know the monthly bill is about 400 or so...with the beckett...may breach 500 mark :P

Bro Roidan, learn from AT boss lor, don't go pub so often and can save alot of money liao.

If you run 2xMD70 24/7 then it is just about $56 more, no so bad :P

Nowadays really a lot of pple changing skimmer hor? Even some RSB die hard also changing already.

u mean AP changing skimmer meh? wun lah....the RSB can support the previous 6ft sps reef according to AP....now the current tank not even near 1/4 full, where got need to change skimmer? dun belittle AP's RSB ah....she stands by it with her reputation and experience :)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7239&hl=

u mean AP changing skimmer meh? wun lah....the RSB can support the previous 6ft sps reef according to AP....now the current tank not even near 1/4 full, where got need to change skimmer? dun belittle AP's RSB ah....she stands by it with her reputation 

You go read her thread properly, she says she's got secret toy coming but later she say her secret toy already arrived and delivered.

She also said she's following the trend to change skimmers.

I find it hard to believe and thought I am seeing things!

I know her RSB sure works one. Maybe the idea of having a big shoal of tangs really make her lost her confidence :P

Really big shoal of AT coming or not we've to see :P Not sure if really a case of NATO.

aiyo...

tat time AP vouch by the RSB...

somemore say we other skimmer users wasting electricity on those power hungry pumps powering those skimmers

AP dun follow trends one lah....AP sets trends one... :lol:

to give up RSB is really taking back what AP said in the thread below ;)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7239&hl=

tat time AP vouch by the RSB...

somemore say we other skimmer users wasting electricity on those power hungry pumps powering those skimmers

Do you know she go PM pple when she heard some bro going to beckett. Tell them not to waste $$$ using beckett cos she's using her RSB also the tank in good condition.

But now she's backing out and changing skimmer.... aiyo... 95% aquamedic needle wheel :P