roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bro. AT senior damn bui man!

tempted to pinch it! :lol:

but i think i prefer to pinch the cheeks of 'someone' u also want to pinch ;)

as for AT junior, it's also brilliant looking. keep it up hor... :P

• SRC Member

Bro Roidan,

Your AT is looking super healthy. Can see that from the lusture of the skin.... Looks like ich is something of the past now huh?

BTW, I heard that you just bought another 12x UV light is that true? Are you running all 36w of killing power in series or parallel?

Any update on your 2ft cube tank? Heard rumors that you are going into sps. When are you starting?

Cheers,

Patrick

bro. AT senior damn bui man!

tempted to pinch it! :lol:

but i think i prefer to pinch the cheeks of 'someone' u also want to pinch ;)

as for AT junior, it's also brilliant looking. keep it up hor... :P

hehe..

yeah lor...my tale of 2 ATs....junior not as fat leh...

the senior AT is definitely not a pushover :lol:

yeah man....u so lucky can pinch that someone...

next time must go and pinch till the cheeks red red :lol:

Bro Roidan,

Your AT is looking super healthy.  Can see that from the lusture of the skin....  Looks like ich is something of the past now huh?

BTW, I heard that you just bought another 12x UV light is that true?  Are you running all 36w of killing power in series or parallel?

Any update on your 2ft cube tank?  Heard rumors that you are going into sps.  When are you starting?

Cheers,

Patrick

yeah..my AT biggie quite healthy despite some dots on him now and then...but his black armour can take it..hehe

ich will come back when something goes wrong...so never take it lightly...yeah..got another one...havent put in main system yet...will run parallel with another pump...meanwhile..using it to protect the junior AT and other fish in my 4ft slim tank...

2ft cube ah..i think very long liao..still thinking..lol....

quite lazy to start leh....i wanna concentrate on my 6ft first....get the beckett up by july/aug....then stock more fishes...schools of anthias back again....more tangs...lol....then maybe think of the 2ft cube..no hurry...i got frens here and outside who will frag for me if i ask :P

i think 36w enough liao.....but if you kiasu...going for more wun hurt :lol:

helps reduce the bulge of the wallet as well :lol:

uv is only a small part of the equation...if something is really wrong somewhere, using 100000000 watts of UV will not solve the problem also

yeah man..sold them off to fund the skimmer and impending iwakis...

coz see long also sian...not like fishes so responsive..i am more of a fish person.... :D

somemore see some bros here with clams dying, i thought better to cash them before such a thing happens to me...by that time really can cry liao..a couple of thousands worth of clams in my collection :lol:

now at least i can breathe a sigh of relief knowing the skimmer project has been financed from a part of my reef without pouring more money into the hobby :lol:

• SRC Member

No lah...you can use the giant skimmer + EV240 + H&S.... the best of all and every world...hahaha

Actually, you may call me nieve, but when I get my dual beckett, I will still continue to run my H&S. One for fast skimming action, and one for slow and fine skimming.... the actual reason is one lose too much money trying to sell second hand skimmer.

Actually, you may call me nieve, but when I get my dual beckett, I will still continue to run my H&S. One for fast skimming action, and one for slow and fine skimming.... the actual reason is one lose too much money trying to sell second hand skimmer.

Patrick,

With you 648 or 848 dual beckett running on one or two MX-70 respectively, you still want to run the H&S ??? I think you can save the $$$$, keep your H&S for your FOWLR :P

• SRC Member
It's not a competition. It's about getting the equipment to support your tank properly :P Don't ask me to run my tank with a very tiny skimmer and little to almost no water flow :P I think end up become marine planted tank!

he...he...turn Freshwater liao can rare ikan bilis wait :lol: ....but must know limits as to when one is overdoing it..... :P

he...he...turn Freshwater liao....but must know limits as to when one is overdoing it.....

Very true. But with my bioload, I try to use a small skimmer is asking for big trouble. The amount of poo from my tangs is quite horrible :P Imagine all the poo get disintegrated by the tunze then get suspended in the water... yucks.. they would be all living with their waste particles floating around them. Yee.....

• SRC Member

Very true. But with my bioload, I try to use a small skimmer is asking for big trouble. The amount of poo from my tangs is quite horrible :P Imagine all the poo get disintegrated by the tunze then get suspended in the water... yucks.. they would be all living with their waste particles floating around them. Yee.....

yeah agree.....your fishes are lot though.....with the bioload like that must get a bigger skimmer..... :whistle must be costing a bomb liao to run this thing... :D wait my hand itchy also follow..... :lol: