Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

:off: hehe...nvm larh...its okiee... solve liao..using my special doptu adding of liquids.... really very nice leh... your tank... enough...enough... see liao nose will bleed..hehe..joking..no offence.. love your PQ very much too..you bought it from CF issit ? :peace:

yeah..bought most of them from CF,

but sometimes i buy them for frens and relatives also...

in fact i netted out a significant amount of PQs since my AT went in...coz with all equipment constant, the AT will significantly produce more waste and cause a drop in water quality...

and i feel that it's easier finding good purple queens than a good AT specimen. Thus, i netted out my PQs gradually....

till july when a new skimmer is due, then i can stock back up on PQs or some other anthias :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sat onz bo.. ?

go CF.. I want to get some macroalgae..

see got any "ho kai seow bo"..

free can drop by my place after tat..

your wording veri suei..(good) but pamper abit must at times b more firm.

if not kenna wack upside n pull ears, kneel durian husk.. haha..

saturday ah...must see lor...like what i told you...

you know me lah..i generally more free on weekdays than weekends...

weekends alot of commitments and errands to run...

but i try lah...you sms me in the morning when you wake up... ;)

yeah...my wordings suei ah...hehehe..oops...

i am sure you got better ones..never show your kung fu only...

anyway, i am sure you will make your wife proud to bring her guests home to admire your new tank :)

• SRC Member
Tank has gone through quite abit of development since december...

this is a pic of the tank on Dec15 2003

Roidan,

Hope you can share some information.

Did you use 1 unit tunze stream or 2 units tunze stream for your current 6 ft tank ?

What is the model of the tunze stream and multi controller ?

What is the adjustment, pressure or flow apply on each individual ?

I am having a 5 ft tank. Been dreaming of owning tunze stream for some time.

thanks

freddy..i am using 3 now..

1 TS7...1 6060 and 1 6080 :)

only the TS7 is adjustable...but i think with the few streams..the TS7 is a waste because 3 streams blowing towards the center of the tank will result in alot of random flow also..no need an adjustable stream...

actually TS7 is just an adjustable 6060 if i am not wrong....

bro bwilly,

they normally do not leave their hard tubes...i had 3 cocoworms since quite some time back....2 are still with me....

what happened to the one was that as i was transferring then worms from tank to tank...i accidentally broke the hard shell of the cocoworm and exposed the half of the worm.....

i felt so bad i couldn't find the mood to eat lunch that day...

end up my fren came to pass me some stuff and then he took it home with him...

but it din survive long after....i dun think breaking the shell was fatal according to what i read about them...

but i really have to admit my mistake in breaking its shell, i could almost feel the pain when i saw the exposed part of the worm... :(

Mine was even worst.. when i went to take a bath, my power head fell...... The inlet was directing pointing towards my koko, in the end, it was too late, the whole worm was out and was quickly attack by my shrimps..... <_<<_<<_<

Why bad things always happen when we are not ard

only the TS7 is adjustable...but i think with the few streams..the TS7 is a waste because 3 streams blowing towards the center of the tank will result in alot of random flow also..no need an adjustable stream...

your that adjustable one is 7000L.

6060 is only 6000L.. I plan to use two 6060..

blow those damn detritus away.. :rolleyes:

" :ph34r: damn u.. detritus.. blash u away..! :pirate: "

dispar:

it's beyond our control when things go bad when we are not around to rectify. sometimes they are avoidable if we had been more careful in planning and fixing the tank up or watever....we can't be 24hrs beside the tank also.. :)

bwilly:

yeah..that time i only use 1 6060 in my old 4ft tank to blow against the direction of the return pipe....

using 2 will definitely be better, somemore your return pump is md55...powerful sia...my return pump was eheim 1262 only....not as much flow as yours after height loss :)

• SRC Member

Roidan,

Thx for the info.

I believe I will to have 2 units. 1 on each side.

My concern will be too strong. I am thinking of TS7 and I want it to be able to adjust by the controller.

Example 30% on the return pump side and 70% on the other side.

I am using a Iwaki MD 40. This royal external pump have been with me for 10 years.

My current main tank does not have a sand bed. Will put in sandbed once I have the money to invest on the Tunze stream.

My am now using 4 powerhead. (2 units Rio 2500 and 2 Rio unit 2100). All facing each other and all locate at the base of the tank.

Any suggestion ?

thx

no problem..

well, if you are afraid the current is too strong, having controllables will definitely help and more pro looking also... :)

yeah, iwaki pumps are legendary

the sandbed are u intending to make it a DSB? if its just a simple sandbed, you can opt for slightly bigger grain sizes instead of size 0 so that the streams will not blow the sand around so easily...

not too sure on the 4 powerheads.....they use alot of wattage in comparison with streams which can easily match their flow and i guess u already know...and

they project a narrow strong path of water flow which some corals may not like...

but it's best you take a few pics, start a new thread under your nick in member's gallery and then from the pics, we all can chip in and offer suggestions :)

if you have 2 or more tunze and you place them at each corner. Then the waves will meet somewhere in the center and is the strongest so you can rock scape a hill there and your sandbed will be protected.

yeah lor..tats actually wat i want...for the flow to crash around center...

i dun want to scape somemore with more rocks liao...wait less space for the fishes to swim....hehe...i like the 2 sides to be rock walls...center more open for swimming.... :)

how large is your big bully compared to the rest of your tangs? Mine is the smallest abt 2". At 1/2 the size or lesser compared to the rest of the tang, it can't be too aggressive :P

you will be surprised bro...

the yellow tang is about half the size of the AT, about 3/4 the size of the desjardini...

but it's the fiercest you know...coz....

it was the first tang in the system.... :P

yeah lor..tats actually wat i want...for the flow to crash around center...

i dun want to scape somemore with more rocks liao...wait less space for the fishes to swim....hehe...i like the 2 sides to be rock walls...center more open for swimming.... :)

In this case you can do what I did.... placed a few flat piece of LR at the center part where the flow is strongest to protect the sandbed :P No need to cover the whole center part as there is just a few spots that requires protection.

tat time bwilly came over some time back...only got yellow tang and sailfin tang i think....

i think he already noted the yellow tang quite fat and heong liao...now still the same...hehe

I love puai puai tangs..!!

YT is one of my favourite.. :)