Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since u intend to go sps as one of the main attractions of your reef, it may be better not to try anemones as they may walk around and sting your precious sps...even if you find one that doesn't move, it will grow so big till u can't put anything sensitive near it....and you will waste alot of sps display space...

and when the time comes if you wanna remove it...u may have to tear the rockwork down to access the foot where the anemone frequently plants in dark regions inside the rockworks...and this means alot of work if you already have all your sps nicely mounted on the rocks

and if it decides to end its life unnaturally or naturally in your tank, there goes your whole tank if the skimmer cannot handle the sheer amount of rotting mass. More so when you are at work and no one to notice if the anemone is behaving weirdly or not

but if u wanna try...go with bubble tip anemones like weileong's and mine lor..

mine also never move around since december..but when it starts to split to reproduce, then u will can never anticipate where the new one will explore to... :lol:

waiting for the exciting yet agonising moment...haha

• SRC Member
since u intend to go sps as one of the main attractions of your reef, it may be better not to try anemones as they may walk around and sting your precious sps...even if you find one that doesn't move, it will grow so big till u can't put anything sensitive near it....and you will waste alot of sps display space...

and when the time comes if you wanna remove it...u may have to tear the rockwork down to access the foot where the anemone frequently plants in dark regions inside the rockworks...and this means alot of work if you already have all your sps nicely mounted on the rocks

and if it decides to end its life unnaturally or naturally in your tank, there goes your whole tank if the skimmer cannot handle the sheer amount of rotting mass. More so when you are at work and no one to notice if the anemone is behaving weirdly or not

but if u wanna try...go with bubble tip anemones like weileong's and mine lor

that sounds scary....leh....might not want to get the anemone because of my precioussssss SPS thats soon to come.... :)

but if u wanna try...go with bubble tip anemones like weileong's and mine lor..

mine also never move around since december..but when it starts to split to reproduce, then u will can never anticipate where the new one will explore to... :lol:

I am waiting for mine to split but seems like nothing happening :P

It's a hard decision to get rid of it and go full SPS probably in 1yr's time cos I loved to see the clownfish living in it.

yeah, you cannot have all the wonders of the oceans in a tank....

clowns hosting in anemones are one of the symbiotic wonders of the ocean, just like the pairing of pistol shrimps and goby...and many other wonders....

if you see the sps reefs in documentaries, u will notice that there are few such anemones, or other stuff around....just metres and metres of sps hard coral reefs....when we try to house everything in a tank, there will be chemical warfare....and they may not grow well...

so, cannot be greedy. Know what you want and go for it, dun be distracted :D

• SRC Member
yeah, you cannot have all the wonders of the oceans in a tank....

clowns hosting in anemones are one of the symbiotic wonders of the ocean, just like the pairing of pistol shrimps and goby...and many other wonders....

if you see the sps reefs in documentaries, u will notice that there are few such anemones, or other stuff around....just metres and metres of sps hard coral reefs....when we try to house everything in a tank, there will be chemical warfare....and they may not grow well...

so, cannot be greedy. Know what you want and go for it, dun be distracted :D

now trying to get rid of the stupid blue green chromis which is the last 5 in my tank...have alot of gobies and pistol shrimp around together with lots of purple firefishes.

I guess would have to forego the anemone and clownfishes as I'm going SPS with tangs around.....oh well can't have the best with both worlds I guess.... :D

lots of firefish? wah... :blink: ..er...ok :blink:

dun call them stupid chromis lah..afterall they din asked to be put in your nice tank in the first place....they were stupidly caught by you instead of swimming away from your net at the lfs....so now they stupidly waiting to be caught by your net to get them out again lor... ;)

try netting them when they are distracted during feeding time...or go read up on fish traps, but i doubt useful...hehe

actually can leave them alone mah...i dun think the 5 chromis will be aggressive towards your tangs