Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still fat fat, I think very high chance!!! I keeping my finger crossed real hard for mine :P

wah bro..

u and our boss AT , both using ATs as avatar, wait many bros here get confused :)

yeah..mine pretty fat....quite happy for him that he did fought off ich in the beginning, managed to accept all the migration from tank to tub to tank well, but i am not taking for granted, any minute ich may be waiting for a comeback :)

Wow, seeing all the ATs being paraded, makes me really itchy to get one for myself. I know i have the space for it to be happy but... dunno wether still got the bloody ich parasite or not

as long as your existing tangs show no signs of ich....

u can take a gamble, coz AT will be the first fish to let you know if there is ich in your system :)

maybe you can put it in your sump first if there is space, or a big betta box in the main tank...anytime u feel ich has taken over and the tang has succumbed, at least u have the ability to take it out....rather than releasing it into the main tank and u have problems catching it out ...

anyway in my tank of cleaner wrasses and neon gobies,

i find the neon gobies being prevented from doing their good work on the tangs, because firstly, the tangs do not really stop for the neon gobies to hop on the tangs and also the cleaner wrasses tend to scare off the gobies, i think the wrasses do take their jobs seriously and allow no subletting of responsiblities :lol:

here's my AT getting VIP healthcare treatment from 2 of them,

one left, one right, what more can a tang ask for? :lol:

post-34-1083590589.jpg

actually i think the neon gobies will eventually get aquainted with the tangs, but my cleaner wrasses are preventing them from getting too near the tangs. never mind bro, ask your AT to tahan awhile more, when your dual beckett is here, all the whitespots get skimmed away :lol:

kidding, but no doubt water quality will improve further and that itself will be an important factor in improving your tangs health :)

aiyo.. keep talking abt the dual becket... lol...

I really wanna feed my tangs super fat but just worried by EV-240 cannot cope with the waste from the feedings, you should see how the tangs pass their waste and how it get blown away by the tunze.. instantly. The dual beckett + a higher sump turn over rate should be able to keep my water very clean. Anyway I've no big groups of anthias to feed so I think it is not as bad :P

When they are super fat and healthy then they have more energy to fight the disease.

Hey, does tangs suffer from heart disease or not???

dun think they get heart problems lah :P

your ev240 shouldn't have problems with extra feedings,

i feed my fishes 4 - 5 times a day..flooding the water with food flying around....

of coz i have my 2 skimmers and macroalgae to tahan the feedings...

but i am sure you wun have problems feeding more to your tangs also...

i can also see the poo literally dissolving in the currents...

excited for you mah....hehee...dunno if got the fortune to join the beckett family or not..hehe :P

talking about anthias, i will stock more when i have a new mega skimmer till it puts the ocean to shame :lol:

ooops...kidding :P

if i say i have more than 50 fishes in my tank now, big or small, u all believe? :heh:

50 fishes??? I never expected so much. Was thinking more in the line of 30 like that :P

Your two poor skimmers must be working real hard.

Now I cut the nori into bite sizes and my other tangs are also eating non-stop. Do they actually stop eating? I wanna give my AT some chances means I've to feed until they stop eating. Let's see :P

i think for this initial period where the AT hasn't stabilized yet, maybe can keep feeding till u see the AT rejects the food, means full liao...

hmm..working hard, that i dunno, never hear the 2 skimmers complain :lol:

ooops...hehehe

aiya, should have added a RSB skimmer to relieve these 2 abit :rolleyes:

i definitely got space to add the RSB :P

never mind lah...will give them a good retirement soon :)

you're getting rid of the H&S and EV-240 and going for the RSB right :P Wow confirm water very good quality :P

yeah man...can keep stocked up 6ft with sps, according to someone :rolleyes: ...just nice my tank size, hope my sps next time can colour up :lol:

ok...on a more serious note, must pay tribute to my 2 workhorses :)

post-34-1083593714.jpg

Bro, you getting a dual beckett too?

yeah...or maybe the new skimmer technology that our boss AT has been talking about...the one that uses less electricity than becketts but yet pull more air than needlewheels or becketts....to foam like we've never seen anything close before :P

if i am not wrong, i can infer that it will blow the socks off both methods. can only wait till after interzoo before we can get more info :)

boss, remember to update me :P