Chiller Running Overtime

nqh71

I'm ready to turn myself in if my tangs goes skinny but right now all of them are "overweight". Actually right now my tangs are on Kent Platinum Reef herbivore which is small pellet with vegetable with 2x daily feeding with auto feeder.

Like Hon, I am very delighted to share my job of getting a chiller that has no problem in cooling my tank. Just stating an fair and objective view IMHO of what I observe and that's about it. I have no commerical interest in the chiller so I gain nothing but maybe get wack by the rest if the chiller don't work for them.

Oh did I tell you my 1.25hp Ti had to run like 18-20hrs a day to cool my tank. My worries started as I was about to pipe in a 2ft cube with 150W MH running another 90W pump as return for it. I had nightmare that the chiller would have to run 24/7.

Out of all the factors definately TRUST is the most important :P

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Atman 1/2HP Chiller running at 300W??

I did like to see it being tested at PSB ;)

Some facts

1/2 Horsepower Cyclone Water Chiller - 230v x4.8A = 1104W 6000BTU

1/2 Horsepower Delta Star In-Line Water Chiller - 230v x4.8A = 1104W 6000BTU

3/4 Horsepower Delta Star In-Line Water Chiller - 230vx7A = 1610W 9500BTU

1 Horsepower Delta Star In-Line Water Chiller - 230vx10.5A = 2415W 12000BTU

West Coast Aquatic 1/2 HP Chiller Standard 230v x4.7A = 1081W - 6000BTU

3/4HP Teco - Teclima Chiller RA2000The TECLIMA - 860W

1/3HP Teci - Teclima Chiller RA680 - 420W

Resun CL-650 1/4HP - 650W

Titan 1500 Chiller 1/2HP - 375W - variable speed compressor -runs at lower RPM

Titan 2500 Chiller 1/2HP - 750W - variable speed compressor -runs at higher RPM

Hailea HL-1200CB 1.25HP - 1080W - Hon's previous Chiller

JBJ Arctica 1/3HP - 565W

JBJ Arctica 1/2HP - 605W

Commercial :heh: Mitsubishi :pinch: series

1/3 horsepower model CR036P 5340BTU/hr = 805W

Wispercool 1/4 horsepower - 700W

1/2 HP Titaniummodel CR056P 1200W

The way things goes, it seems like Atman Chillers is a decade ahead in Technology :blink:

Do you believe the rating of 300W :heh::blink:

I think the price is ready good, but I do not believe it's rating of 300W. I was told it uses a Mitsubushi compressor and so far the Mitsubishi website do not show any 1/2HP Compressor model that runs at 300W. The nearest model run 2x of the so call 300W. :sick:

I guess there's a number reefers getting a new house, try asking your Air-con man for a 1/2HP 300W Air-Con? :eyeblur: Maybe Atman is the the market leader against Toshiba, Daikin, York, Carrier, Mitsubisho, Sanyo, Sharp & etc that produce MillionsX more chiller units/yr :sick::blink:

Tell me I'm stupid enough to believe :blink:

Max

• SRC Member

Doesnt make sense leh, a 1/2HP artica consumes 2.8A x 230V = 644watts

1/2HP atman = 300watts

No wonder the artica chiller can cool so fast, the 1/2HP compressor is ###### the power of almost 1HP. (1HP ~750watts) I suspect the 1/2HP compressor might be underrated.

I did like to see 3x Atman against 1xArctica 1/2HP or against Aqulogic or against Aqu-Medic Titan(I refer to the real Aqua-medic, not Hailea). This is going to be interesting. But first get PSB to test the 300W rating. A 1.3A running a 1/2HP compressor, this must be invention of the century :blink:

As for Price ($500)..........Nobody can complete with this price........of China made products ;) Atman win hands down with price. I guess if price is the consideration, there's no competition

Max

• SRC Member
Atman 1/2HP Chiller running at 300W??

I did like to see it being tested at PSB ;)

Some facts

1/2 Horsepower Cyclone Water Chiller - 230v x4.8A = 1104W 6000BTU

1/2 Horsepower Delta Star In-Line Water Chiller - 230v x4.8A = 1104W 6000BTU

3/4 Horsepower Delta Star In-Line Water Chiller - 230vx7A = 1610W 9500BTU

1 Horsepower Delta Star In-Line Water Chiller - 230vx10.5A = 2415W 12000BTU

West Coast Aquatic 1/2 HP Chiller Standard 230v x4.7A = 1081W - 6000BTU

3/4HP Teco - Teclima Chiller RA2000The TECLIMA - 860W

1/3HP Teci - Teclima Chiller RA680 - 420W

Resun CL-650 1/4HP - 650W

Titan 1500 Chiller 1/2HP - 375W - variable speed compressor -runs at lower RPM

Titan 2500 Chiller 1/2HP - 750W - variable speed compressor -runs at higher RPM

Hailea HL-1200CB 1.25HP - 1080W - Hon's previous Chiller

JBJ Arctica 1/3HP - 565W

JBJ Arctica 1/2HP - 605W

Commercial :heh: Mitsubishi :pinch: series

1/3 horsepower model CR036P 5340BTU/hr = 805W

Wispercool 1/4 horsepower - 700W

1/2 HP Titaniummodel CR056P 1200W

The way things goes, it seems like Atman Chillers is a decade ahead in Technology :blink:

Do you believe the rating of 300W :heh::blink:

I think the price is ready good, but I do not believe it's rating of 300W. I was told it uses a Mitsubushi compressor and so far the Mitsubishi website do not show any 1/2HP Compressor model that runs at 300W. The nearest model run 2x of the so call 300W. :sick:

I guess there's a number reefers getting a new house, try asking your Air-con man for a 1/2HP 300W Air-Con? :eyeblur: Maybe Atman is the the market leader against Toshiba, Daikin, York, Carrier, Mitsubisho, Sanyo, Sharp & etc that produce MillionsX more chiller units/yr :sick::blink:

Tell me I'm stupid enough to believe :blink:

Max

No need to get so aggressive, I'm not trying to bring down yr product. ;) I dont sell atman chillers :P

I speak with my own understanding based on published information. I will try to find a good ampmeter to do some measurement, I'm also interested to know whether the 300watts is true or not.

• SRC Member

My faithful Teco (680)has been around for coming 2 years. Very quite, zero down hours. Due to hot weather, 550W lights, runs about 16-20 hours a day. But no complaints, as still one of the most trusted and tested brands. Any other bigger Teco model to upgrade?

I think (marine) therefore I am

My faithful Teco (680)has been around for coming 2 years. Very quite, zero down hours. Due to hot weather, 550W lights, runs about 16-20 hours a day. But no complaints, as still one of the most trusted and tested brands. Any other bigger Teco model to upgrade?

using teco as well....

no complains with it....a workhorse really...

waiting for it to blow so that can get an artica...but if according to chris, then chances not likely liao.....unless i start finding electricity bills an eyesore..hehe

chris ..i think the next higher model is RA2000...1hp ...about 4k plus....might as well get the artica 1hp...much much cheaper

• SRC Member
owder Blue,Apr 27 2004, 02:02 PM] I have been using my Arctica DBA-075 for almost 5 months now.. so far so good - I have no complains about it yet, though recently it does take a little longer time to cool down my tank due to the hot whether. :)

Once your room temperatire hit 30 degree and above. the chiller efficiency can drop by 70%....as the amp. temperature move up 30, 31, 32,...........

Most chiller is measure for efficiency for 25 & 30 degree and you see a big differences in performance curve between 25 vs 30.

:rolleyes:

Max

• SRC Member

No need to get so aggressive, I'm not trying to bring down yr product. ;) I dont sell atman chillers :P

I speak with my own understanding based on published information. I will try to find a good ampmeter to do some measurement, I'm also interested to know whether the 300watts is true or not.

Barra, I'm not angry with anyone lah..........I think u check around with reefers who know me in person, my black & white is rather different from my personal thought. Maybe my work related ........................

I was told that connect 2 chillers inline can boost performance by a lot, for example connecting 2 units of 1/2 and it will outperform a 1HP? Just curious, some suggestion from my Aircon man(a non-reefer :blink: ), during last year when I was hunting around to DIY a chiller.

:rolleyes:

Max