Chiller Running Overtime

nqh71

My tank only 800l you want me to go for 1hp? Already max capacity at 800l, no more upgrading unless I move house.

Actually before that was thinking of the 1hp but later I count my dollar notes think consumption too high.

Are you going to 1hp? Polar bear will reproduce in your tank :P

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Weileong, i desperately need the chiller cos the whole house is as hot as hell. the compressor runs non-stop trying to cope with my MHs and it heats up the house. Chiller is also burning hot to the touch. Very dangerous i think so better be quick to remove the potential fire hazard or overheating problems that might trip my tank...

so in this case... good things better happen fast.. the faster the better in my case. hehe

Are you going to 1hp? Polar bear will reproduce in your tank :P

seriously thinking of it if i wanna upgrade chiller...

my current teco 1/2hp can sustain my 27deg set temp....so if i end up wanna change, no point buying another 1/2 hp that can sustain 27 set temperature right?

either change to 1hp or dun change and continue with my teco lor :)

true also...

but like i said lor...unless my teco work all the time until cannot keep at 27 then really have to change liao....

comparing 1/2 hp from chiller to chiller will have varying performance also..

1/2hp atman to 1/2 RR to 1/2 TR to 1/2 Teco to 1/2 artica to 1/2 haliea chiller...all numbers....but actual performance in practical use differs....

even same models may have different performance due to operating environment differences, and with such ambient sensitive equipment like chillers, may differ alot....

i still marvel how my 1/2hp teco can keep my 6ft tank, 5ft sump and 2ft clam tank at set temperature...and all my pumps are internal...i never ran those pumps externally...hehe

i am sure the 1/2hp artica can do as well or most probably even better than my current teco at keeping my set temperature, but if i really wanna change chiller, i seriously think i should go for the 1hp...hehe....

that's my view based on my tank conditions so far :)

artica 1hp, here i come after my teco gets faulty :P

artica artica, bring me to anthartica :lol:

anyway, who is the agent of artica chillers ah...must ask him to be a sponsor here also....like the RR/TR, then we got more range to choose from...

here's another pic of artica information for the non aircon-lookalike models....

seems like i am the agent hor :rolleyes: ......hahaa...not me lah... :P

ps: mr agent, remember to give me discount when i get my 1hp artica :lol:

post-17-1082092422.jpg

Ah... see the specs properly and you do the maths.

For DA-500B, 1/2hp consumption is 2.8A 230W = 644W but rating says 1170W probably referring to cooling power?

Then DBM-250 1/3hp consumption is 3.5A 230W = 805W but rating say 1000W probably also referring to cooling power.

Actually makes sense since the commerical chillers have strong exhaust fan and hence more efficient.

So don't just look at the paper specs, gotta check it out in details if avaliable.

• SRC Member
a stupid question....

monthly how much issit (electricity bills) roughly to run a 1/2hp chiller? issit much much lesser than running air-con 24/7??

A REAL 1.5HP that has 20,000BTU or so running frequently (frequently is NOT NON-STOP) will amount up to $70~$90 a month. That's a very brief estimate base on a 8ft tank set at 27 degree, delta of 1 degree.

Max

• SRC Member

Weileong,

The diff is actually the refrigerant use. Arctica tower design uses R134a refrigerant while Arctica commercial uses R22 refrigerant. R134a refrigerant is the replacement to R22 refrigerant becoz the later is environmental unfriendly.

The size of compressor to drive R134a is bigger as it required higher working pressure as compared to R22 refrigerant. Therefore a 1/3HP R134a refrigerant compressor will consume more power than a 1/2HP R22 refrigerant compressor...

Weileong,

The diff is actually the refrigerant use. Arctica tower design uses R134a refrigerant while Arctica commercial uses R22 refrigerant. R134a refrigerant is the replacement to R22 refrigerant becoz the later is environmental unfriendly.

The size of compressor to drive R134a is bigger as it required higher working pressure as compared to R22 refrigerant. Therefore a 1/3HP R134a refrigerant compressor will consume more power than a 1/2HP R22 refrigerant compressor...

wah...very steady info..

where is our resident aircon expert? bro lightningstrike right?

Heng ah... I choose the commerical one! Who cares abt environmental friendly or not.

But come to think abt it, you get the 1/3hp that consumes more power, you're just transferring more air pollution to the power station.

R22 not ozone friendly nevermind, the small compressor don't use so much coolant :P

Opps I not supposed to talk like this as I always have to tell my customer to be enviromentally friendly.