215 gallon

unicornis

Hey Unicornis, just curious.. Your tank does not look that big (215g = ~800+litres)?? More like a 4ft tank? What is the dimension like?

I don't know how useful or functions of your special substrate.. but u may also want to add some of these.. poly filter, seachem purigen, seachem phosguard. Wish u good luck! We all mean well! :peace:

Hi Unicornis?

Nice n BIG tank at 215gall. I beleive u hv some experience in keeping marine tanks. dont worry about all the crap of your system crushing. Just do the necessary water change n monitoring and make sure u hv enough chemical or additive to support yr tank not to mention a powerful pump for the current maker.

I am sure they will thrive if yrs is really a 215 Gallon tank. its a BIG tank. Even the most successful and elaborate system will crush overtime no matter how effective the system can be. So wish u luck n keep us posted of yr developments ok.

Bluelipzz2

dont worry about all the crap of your system crushing. Just do the necessary water change n monitoring and make sure u hv enough chemical or additive to support yr tank not to mention a powerful pump for the current maker.

Why do you say that we are feeding him with crap information? We are concerned because we learn from mistakes made by ourselves and other people and we want to see that he understands why! We have good intentions!

I am sure they will thrive if yrs is really a 215 Gallon tank. its a BIG tank. Even the most successful and elaborate system will crush overtime no matter how effective the system can be. So wish u luck n keep us posted of yr developments ok.

That has to one of the unsubstantiated statements I have heard in SRC. A BIG tank is no guarantee that it is successful. Do something wrong, and a BIG tank or a SMALL tank WILL crash.

My tank is 224 gallons/847 litres, EXCLUDING my 2 ft x 2ft attached refugium, my sump and my overflow compartment/mini refugium.

I had cyano problems before and am still getting rid of hair algae problem, all because my H&S skimmer was undersized to cope with the feeding that I do. Who says that big tanks are an instant guarantee?

The more 'effective' the system, the lesser chance of a crash. Unless you confuse an overstocked one-month old setup with a 10 year old tank crash.

AT

Dont get me wrong. I am not advocating BIG will not crash n I no all of SRC members here meant well including me but thats not to say we must condemn n put newbie or confused member down. Hah.

All reef memebrs, I am sure are very enthusiatic about their new beginnings n would want to show off thier tank. Of course, Uniconis may make the mistake n learn from there eventhough he or she may hv some marine experience . But Unicornis may want to take or digest information from SRC or esewhere with a pinch of salt!!! What work for someone may not work for u, in view of whether condition n tank landscape.

We r here 2 share n whatever infromation gather here is no guarantee will work or fool-proof if u no what I mean. So reef on. I beleive even the most experience reefer here cant guarantee thier tank is 100% problems free. No pun intended! Hope this will clear some misunderstanding.....

• SRC Member
AT

Dont get me wrong. I am not advocating BIG will not crash n I no all of SRC members here meant well including me but thats not to say we must condemn n put newbie or confused member down. Hah.

All reef memebrs, I am sure are very enthusiatic about their new beginnings n would want to show off thier tank. Of course, Uniconis may make the mistake n learn from there eventhough he or she may hv some marine experience . But Unicornis may want to take or digest information from SRC or esewhere with a pinch of salt!!! What work for someone may not work for u, in view of whether condition n tank landscape.

We r here 2 share n whatever infromation gather here is no guarantee will work or fool-proof if u no what I mean. So reef on. I beleive even the most experience reefer here cant guarantee thier tank is 100% problems free. No pun intended! Hope this will clear some misunderstanding.....

Hi Bluelipzz2,

I would then recommend that words like "crap" not be used.......

Phrase statements properly and there would be less friction...

"Say what you mean and mean what you say".......

Cheers ;)

• SRC Member
Ahem ...... a bit tense here huh?

Why not we sing a song .........  :D

hmmm... yeap... a little tense here ... the word crap does however sound a little offensive.

It is obvious that the advises from reefers who have participate in this thread are not crap (useless or unwanted) in anyway.... but maybe we did come in a little too strong on Unicornis.... :(

Anyway lets sing a song :whistle:whistle and all would be fine..... :)

Hi Unicornis,

We are still waiting for the answers for the questions we posed. ;)

Remember, we have the best intentions for you.

Bluelipz,

I don't think we appear to be condemning Unicornis, we are just concerned about whether he knows the consequences down the road.

There is a chance that he can avert disaster if he takes damage control now, or he'll probably blame us if we know about it AND didn't bother to help him.

He can take our advice with a pinch of salt if he cannot ascertain the basis of our argument... or we cannot provide the logic and explanation behind all the actions recommended.

Ok, *coke bottle in hand* .... time to sing a song... "I like to teach the world to reef... in perfect harmony... grow acros many, and save money aplenty, and we'll all be very happy".

:D