Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

TRank Specs

Size: 42*24*24

Lighting : 2*150 watts 20000k Iwasaki

2*30 watts Acardia Atinic

2*36 watts Aqualine atinic

Filtration : 20 lbs Miracle mud with caulerpa remosa and halimeda

Inhabitants: Yellow, Purple and Blue Tanf, Flasher and fairy wrasse, yellow watchman goby, longnose hawkfish, 3 bartlets, lawnmowver blenny, bi-colour blenny

Corals -as seen in pics

Water circulation - One Tunze 6100 only

post-34-1081527763.jpg

is that a bartlett i c on the extreme left of the 1st pic??? 2 blur to comfirm..... think u can oso stock up more gradually....

anyway, good job marineman.... great looking tank!!! :o

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Hmmm..can understand why you came to Sg to buy fish..maybe even equipment...I went to KL during the last malaysian pet expo..about 1 month plus back...all the marine stuff so expensive...equipment not say very good also..

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Hmmm..can understand why you came to Sg to buy fish..maybe even equipment...I went to KL during the last malaysian pet expo..about 1 month plus back...all the marine stuff so expensive...equipment not say very good also..

At,

So I am about 2 years behind you, still a lot to catch up.

The fish expo in KL is all bullshit, lacks variety and expensive. I purchased my MM is singapore, my Aqua C remora pro skimmer from the US.

this green bubble comprises of 8 separate pieces fused into one.

post-34-1081528920.jpg

• SRC Member

Green psychedellic colour brain - you noticed that when I took this picture, the sand is brown with cyno/diatcom with some air bubbles - this happened after about a week when I increased the time for MH by one hour. since then I have reverted to 9.25 hours 2 atinics coming on 2 hours before MH and off 2 hours after MH.

post-34-1081530432.jpg

• SRC Member
Not only the expo...even the pet mall in mid valley and the p*t saf*ri in KL pricing was so...... :ph34r:

Pet safari in Mid valley is generally more expensive, elsewhere is cheaper but still no comparison than Singapore prices. Same goes for variety as well.

• SRC Member
Wow Nice!!! :wub::wub:

Nice bubbles u have....my fav.!!! Anyway just a comment...ur sandbed/coral chips seems to have alot of diatoms...it'll be v.v.v nice if its white... :)

Great work bro... :yeah:

Thanks for being so observant from the earlier pics. I just don't seem to be able to keep the sand bed white! Even thinking of having a clear glass bottom to reduce nitrate, as my refugium can take over the filtration. Will take all these factors into consideration when I upgrade next year when i move to another dwelling. I change 20% of the water every 2 weeks. nitrate is about 5ppm, manageable, that's why i have diatcoms.

FYI I do not use any additives or chemicals as propagated by the MM system although I use my skimmer (understrength). Water top up is using RO water with kalkwasser -very diluted and pour into the sump (2.5 litres) all at once after lights out. Have been doing this for more than a year, you can see my LPS has very large polyp expansion.

• SRC Member
I posted this hammer (E. Pancora) large polyp expansion some time back and was told by Anthony Calfo, author of the book on Coral Propagation that it is one of the reproductive strategy of this coral.

You will see tat one branch became 3, all these took 2-3 monrhs

post-34-1082082019.jpg