At last my 5 footer!!

kschew1498

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
What time you went down? Never meet you there lol. I was there to buy some salt and new test kit.

Well, I was there 1+......then back again at 7+ to collect.....were you there too??? :huh:

• SRC Member
I was there ard 4+

heheh.

No wonder you say it look familiar..... hahaha :lol::lol:

Been looking for tear drop maxi for a long time liao.....at last......been told it could cost 3 figures...... :sick:

• SRC Member
????

This clam has been sleeping in EAN for so long liao and you say you looking for it for so long? kekekekeke.

is it???......sigh....nobody update in the weekly report leh...... <_<

hehe.....always go Pasir ris only.....seldom go there because not along the way...... :P ....long time never go T95 and LCK110 also....... :heh:

• SRC Member

:rolleyes::blink: ...very nice leh.....the top one is almost the same as mine......I just love them.......

I worry now if my 150W X 3 MH is enough for them.....my depth is 2.5feet.....hmmm..........

Weileong, you using 150 or 250 or even 400 MH??? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
:rolleyes::blink: ...very nice leh.....the top one is almost the same as mine......I just love them.......

I worry now if my 150W X 3 MH is enough for them.....my depth is 2.5feet.....hmmm..........

Weileong, you using 150 or 250 or even 400 MH??? :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly.

Bro Weileong is using 2 x 250 and 1 x 150.

I think Squamosa does not require that strong lighting. My depth is 2.5 ft too and I am using 2 x 150.

• SRC Member

OIC.....but Maxi requires strong light right?....so far my 2 corcea clam still surviving.......but 2 other died few weeks ago while I was trial running the fan without the chiller.....sigh! ...guess I boil them ....hahaha <_<

Bro, both Maxi and Crocea require intense lighting, minimum 150w for a tank 1.5ft depth.

Squamosa and Derasa are the ones that require less intense lighting as they derive most of the food from filter feeding.

I like your set-up, especially the pipings. I am very poor in terms of technical stuffs. Hope to learn from you.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Bro, both Maxi and Crocea require intense lighting, minimum 150w for a tank 1.5ft depth.

Squamosa and Derasa are the ones that require less intense lighting as they derive most of the food from filter feeding.

I like your set-up, especially the pipings. I am very poor in terms of technical stuffs. Hope to learn from you.

kekeke.....(if you are talking about the return piping) I actually inherit the complex piping from the previous owner of this tank......really complex when I was re-connecting it back.....but I like it......very good flow for the return.......one top, one middle and another spare return (unused).....

Over the weekend I add another 2 X 20w FL lights to my existing MH.......free from another reefer so :angel: ..........hopefully my Maxi and Crocea are happy with it.

Thanks for the advise.......we learn from each others...... ;)

• SRC Member

ho say liaoz!!! :D i can experience ur joy....... me 2 hv that experience b4. very shiok right? :P

kekeke....waiting for it to split ....then can swop with others for a different color one.....hehehe :paiseh:

• SRC Member

kekeke.....(if you are talking about the return piping) I actually inherit the complex piping from the previous owner of this tank......really complex when I was re-connecting it back.....but I like it......very good flow for the return.......one top, one middle and another spare return (unused).....

Over the weekend I add another 2 X 20w FL lights to my existing MH.......free from another reefer so :angel: ..........hopefully my Maxi and Crocea are happy with it.

Thanks for the advise.......we learn from each others...... ;)

not too sure if the bros here agrees with me.....but i would use MH bulb with 6500k for the clams as they seems to penatrate deeper into the water...you can then use actinic to balance out the yelllow....

for you since you got 3 bulbs...maybe just one bulb change to 6500k would be enough without making your tank look too yellow....