At last my 5 footer!!

kschew1498

• SRC Member
steady bro...have fun with your new toy :D

Bro....will probably need some advise from you.......the chart you posted:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17164 , the flow rate....is that a general infor. that applies to any UV or it is specifically for your coral life one huh? :huh:

So sad, mine doesnt even recommend the flow rate at all??!! :(

Anyway, can I use it as a guideline for my flowrate?? :huh:

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Wow... looks good man bro!! but i heard somewhere dat such a strong UV would kill everything... including the pods and good bacterial, so dun use too many hours everyday!! :) I tink u mort excited about ur toys den ur wife coming home?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

Vincent Ho

hehehe Vincent....I have to admit that's true!......was contemplating to start connecting it last night....but than.....hehehe :P .......better spent some time with my Mdm.......or else no more goodies for me.....hiak hiak!! :lol:

i think it's for my coralife only for those published flow rates...but generally like i told you...the faster the flow, the less useful it is...the slower it is...the better....

u see the coralife internals, there is this spiralling structure which makes the water go slower and spirals around the chamber increasing exposure time with the UV...

the manual for mine suggests around 290gph to have an effective kill rate for parasites....so logically following the same chain of thoughts, without a spiralling chamber like yours, you should go for lower than 290gph :)

just a suggestion..may or may not work :)

post-34-1085537590.jpg

hehehe Vincent....I have to admit that's true!......was contemplating to start connecting it last night....but than.....hehehe :P .......better spent some time with my Mdm.......or else no more goodies for me.....hiak hiak!! :lol:

smart guy... good move!!! now u get more prezzies everytime she get overseas consignment!!! :lol::lol:

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

wah nice man... can u pm me the price of the UV light? thought of getting one... it doesn't come with the pump?

roidan ur coralife twister how much? how many watts?

Raymond

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

hmm UV light r gd insome way and bad in some way...

somehow when I on my UV light it does remove the ich that my whole tank suffer...

after on for one month, no more ich can be seen... so I off it..

after I off the UV for a few days, I release those good mico stuff that is also been kill by the UV start coming back and my tank is once again better conditional for corals and water parameter...

well conclusion, on the UV when u add new fish or suffer from ich, if not off it or on it only a few hour a day, this is what the ppls in the state teach me...

• SRC Member
hmm UV light r gd insome way and bad in some way...

somehow when I on my UV light it does remove the ich that my whole tank suffer...

after on for one month, no more ich can be seen... so I off it..

after I off the UV for a few days, I release those good mico stuff that is also been kill by the UV start coming back and my tank is once again better conditional for corals and water parameter...

well conclusion, on the UV when u add new fish or suffer from ich, if not off it or on it only a few hour a day, this is what the ppls in the state teach me...

Ya.....I was thinking to have it connected to the timer that is connected to the refugium lights! .....so that means 13-15 hours a day! ;)

But for a start I might on it 24hours for a couple of days.....damp ich attacking my Blue and Brown tangs! <_<

• SRC Member
wah nice man... can u pm me the price of the UV light? thought of getting one... it doesn't come with the pump?

roidan ur coralife twister how much? how many watts?

Raymond

Hi Raymond

The 35w Ultraman I bought is cheaper that those 11w selling locally (same Brand)....so......hehe ;)

Corallife....huh....I guess it must be 2-3 times the price of mine! :( ....anyway for me....as long as it is UV.....I am satisfied! Not necessary branded or the best.

But I have to admit, Corallife is much much efficient than mine. :lol:

So...it all depend on your budget lor...... :lol:

• SRC Member

hehehe.... ;) .....hopefully it will kill the ich in a couple of days....so I can add more tangs......PBlue, PBrown, Naso, Crown, Mimic......hahaha.....the thought of it also......... :lol:

Bro. RAV65......no pump inside la......I have to use the pump for my chiller to pump water into the UV leh.....hmmm......hopefully is not too strong!

post-34-1085817510.jpg

• SRC Member
Wah.... ur tank like forest man!!! kekekeke.... :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha.....no lights la.....my lights comes on in the evening. Notice my elegence at the right lower corner.....hehehe......just went to T95 with my Mdm to spent money again!!! <_<

Did you get anything yesterday at Pasir Ris?

• SRC Member
did u get the elegance at t95??? the purple tips one selling at 50??? wah damn good buy leh healthy and nice colour.... I regret not buying the last time...

ya....from T95....very big and healthy.....but is my first time trying elegance.....a big worry about its survival rate......I didnt get it the last time I went with Bro. Triggerpuff......same same regret also.....but dont worry.....still have a couples if big and nice one there......quick go grap it!....

By the way did I tell you I bought $50! :huh: .....hehe....the fish farm uncle say its a very very special price......original price 60 bucks.......

• SRC Member

ya....from T95....very big and healthy.....but is my first time trying elegance.....a big worry about its survival rate......I didnt get it the last time I went with Bro. Triggerpuff......same same regret also.....but dont worry.....still have a couples if big and nice one there......quick go grap it!....

By the way did I tell you I bought $50! :huh: .....hehe....the fish farm uncle say its a very very special price......original price 60 bucks.......

i want pics of ur elegence!!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

wow!!! pics please!!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

sorrry hor.... got too excited :paiseh:

• SRC Member

hehehe :P .....Mdm watching her favourite program.....so got some free time.....

NH3 : 0

NO2 : 0

NO3 : 12.5mg/l

KH : 9 ......... :( didnt dose for 5 days only.....drop from 11!! <_<

PO4 : 0.1 ppm ...... :lol: improving....yahoooooo!!!! :yeah:

PH : 8.6 ......... :fear: steady....steady......

Cal : 350....... :fear::ph34r::fear: .......aarrrhhh.....got to start dosing Kalwasser!!!! or should I be dosing Calcium+.....

Any recommendation on which Calcium booster to buy??? :huh:

• SRC Member

NO3.....12.5mg/l :( .........doesnt seem to be able to get in to ZERO!!! :angry::angry:

How huh??? Use Chemical warfare!!!! :evil: to "HUM TAM" this NO3??? :evil: