At last my 5 footer!!

kschew1498

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hehehe....I know her name.....hahaha..... :lol: ...but dont ask me hor.....kekeke :P

Was just hoping if she can invite me to see her tank...... :) definately an eye opener!!!! :shock::blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

My total spending now....just pass 5k mark today! excluding the 2k I spent on my 2 footer! SIGH! <_< I really need to control a bit.....really exhausted liao! :( Only recover a very insignificent amount (not even 20%) after I sold off my equipments from my 2 footer! Hoping these infor. can give people to bench mark this hobby. (PS: I am not boasting about my spending!)

Shit.....sold away my car and thought that I would have more spare cash .....end up this hobby.....! :erm:

Nevermind la....money can earn back.....(IQ mentality! :lol: more consolling that way! :lol: ) Sigh!

By the way I just heard from a guy from the new LFS in Pasir Ris.....he knew of a lady who spent 30 over thousand for a giant tank. (She put her tank near the window/balcony and is from SRC) Wonder who is she??? :bow:

Congrats bro, welcome to the "Spent $5k yet wasted $2-3k on rubbish club"!! Wahahahaha..... we now know why so many people advise to research more before embarking on this hobby!! Wahahahaha... at least u still have a 5 feet tank, my tank only 3 feet!!!

Anyway, tink we can go for a beer liao, I downgraded my car hoping to save some hard-earn $$$... in the end, started this hobby dat I've postponed for years!!! All becoz my friend gave me the 2 feet tank... save $80 on the tank but spent a damn bomb instead!!! Haiz....

Vincent Ho :shock:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

i've seen a 8ft tank in an office....total cost $50k for the set-up....it is not a commercial set up...it was done by a hobbyist for the owner....will take some pics if i drop by there again....

$50k?!?!?!?! U just made me tink twice about having a 8 feet tank!!! Tink maybe i settle for a six feet liao... :(

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
By the way I just heard from a guy from the new LFS in Pasir Ris.....he knew of a lady who spent 30 over thousand for a giant tank. (She put her tank near the window/balcony and is from SRC) Wonder who is she??? :bow:

sister AP is a lady refer with a tank in the balcony.... think 4x4x2liao :shock: maybe its her..... by any chance was the lfs ownner the owner of pac marine? :fear:

WOW !!! $30K top up a bit more can be used for downpayment for a small condo unit !! - but now, it is to purchase an entire bungalow for her marine babies !!! :lol::lol::lol:

would certainly be an eye opener but it shouldn't cost that much for a 4ft x 2 ft x 2ft ??, or maybe the skimmers, MH, CR, glass tank & even LR are gold-plated ?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

sister AP is a lady refer with a tank in the balcony.... think 4x4x2liao :shock: maybe its her..... by any chance was the lfs ownner the owner of pac marine? :fear:

I'm the only one with the much controversal "tank in the balcony"..... :lol: If the LFS owner mentions that...... then it must be me lor..... :lol: cannot escape with a tank in the balcony.

• SRC Member

I'm the only one with the much controversal "tank in the balcony"..... :lol: If the LFS owner mentions that...... then it must be me lor..... :lol: cannot escape with a tank in the balcony.

:lol: So......at last you own up huh.... :lol::lol: Its really my honour to be invited! I am just curious about the semi auto maintenance system that you have implemented! Me ....started to get lazy on changing water and .....blar blar blar.....need to balance my time spend with my tank and my Mdm! ;)

My tank is also quite near to my miserable balcony so I thought to make full use of it....so may want to steal some idea from you....kekeke...... :P

:thanks:

tank in balcony i am sure you are not the only one though, but 442 tank amongst all the nice walls and flooring...most probably you lah ;)

but hor...really 30K on the tank? your MH haven't come leh....haven't included that right? but then again....4x4x2 tank havent stock up already 30K ah...i would be really curious the breakdown of the 30K...really impressive figure :bow:

• SRC Member
maybe got some crouching tiger hidden dragons around here lor.. ;)

u fit the balcony description lah....

but have you spent 30k so far?

if not, then maybe the lfs mix and match the wrong information....

wah 30K..can really do a very big and nice stocked up tank :D

mine close to that amount but not until I add the lights in...he...he... :lol: Lets say I did a little shopping.

I know of one other that spent a bit of amount...which is Damsel-in-Distress with her Aquatechnic Tank but her tank is not in a balcony area mah.... :blink:

You're right maybe the LFS got confused..... :rolleyes:

yeah..maybe mix your tank in the balcony with damsel's budget lor :D

coz although i never seen damsel's tank before...from the pieces of info i pick up here and there.....somemore now you say aquatechnic tank, 30k is not surprising definitely...

but if you say 30k on your tank system, then you must have kept the very expensive equipment away from your tank thread....coz i cannot see 30k in the pics you posted so far...dun be humble...show us all your toys :D

then again..now that you mentioned...maybe i also spent near that amount....i always say that i dun count how much i have spent......geee...

sure hurts to know that if already spent 30K...can already buy half a vios for my darling :lol:

weileong,

heng you control the size of your tank...if you get a 6fter or 8fter...u can easily spend double of me...

imagine weileong can go mustafa after midnight just because the thought of the camera sprung to his mind and he cannot wait till the next day to get his D70...

a 2k plus toy dun even have to consider and ask around....buy just like dat....

very elastic budgets around here :lol:

• SRC Member

actually I think we all spent more then what we think we did..... :lol:

I think there is definitely a mix up between Damsel-in Distress and mine..... :lol:

You're right from the way my thread is shown those equipment can already cost up to 10k already surprisingly but I admit theres some other toys I have not displayed yet..... :lol:

come to think of it could have bought some nice toys for my sweetheart too..... :P

The price of the camera at mustafa was not that bad and pretty near what I was quoted in the shops at SLS so I bought it. Moreover I bought it not for the reef but for other purpose which I would have missed it if I didn't have the camera.

But I think bro Roidan got the wrong idea already, I've been thinking of the DSLR more than 2 yrs back but the price was killer at that time, the price has dropped to an acceptable level for me. Had been checking out the prices since the launch of the D70 and making a choice between the 300D and D70 :P

As Roidan said, if I had a bigger tank, my budget would have run dry and no more $$$ to buy the camera.

yeah..

i am sure all of us spent more in this hobby than we initially budgetted for...

that's why when i get PMs asking me how much i spent...i told them i really dunno, coz i know once i start adding all of them up....sure gets depressing knowing that this kinda money can add up to obscene numbers and then when you look around at the more needy people around you...especially after seeing the families of the nicoll highway on tv...you will tend feel guilty at the luxury items we have spent on....

so now i control and tahan as much as i can...even tell myself to sell unnecessary things in my system if i want to buy other stuff for my system...hehe

weileong,

you have a camera that i am still drooling about....yeah...i had a f717 that i thought was pretty good last time, but to hear the digital SLR shutter open and close is just ecstasy... :lol:

• SRC Member

:paiseh: Ooopppss.....Now I have make everybody guilty about our spending!!! hahaha.....the sponsors and AT is going to kill me......better stay low profile a bit!! :fear:

My apologies, AP and Damsel-in-distress......I didnt mean to expose you gals......me and my ke-po mouth....or should I say my itche finger!!! :paiseh::fear: I guess I just talk to much to everybody I meet.....its my personality :lol: hopefully I didnt offend anybody! :angel: ( I bet I have :( )

.................. :ph34r: