At last my 5 footer!!

kschew1498

• SRC Member

hmm 9kg...

got 9kg one me dont know.. anyway where u got it..??

and how much..?

Oh...7kg ($100) + 2kg ($20) ....so as to get a better price....from Sea Life.....Sigh! :cry:

Hopefully it will really do what it claims! <_<

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
oic... hehe u should have ask me allow with u.. to sea life.. me an old customer of thier...

they give me the same price as u have pay 120 for 13kg.. hehehe

:cry: ......Should have ask you along! Sigh!

• SRC Member

imagine with dat amt of money wad clam(s) u can buy :blink:

Just hoping these sand will do good to the corals in future! <_<

Alan....I am broke already.........just bought 9kg of GOLD!!!

good investment...sometimes I wish I have dne what you have done :lol:;)

• SRC Member

good investment...sometimes I wish I have dne what you have done :lol:;)

Really.... :huh: I was in a dilemma....buy or dont buy.....buy or dont buy...... :( 120 bucks for sand!! :blink:

Same when I was deciding to use sea water ($230 including delivery and emptying into my tank) or sea salt mix with water (sea salt $80+) ! Sea water or sea salt.....sea water or sea salt...... :lol::lol:

Life is full of decision!! :D:D

• SRC Member
$230 for seawater?! :blink: Imagine the amount of rowaphos you could have bought with that.... :o

Its the labour and delivery cost that is damp costly! The sea water cost only $80! which was an estimate by the LFS!

why don't you get those movers?.... their charges quite ok leh. Ask them to quote for moving a 3x2x2ft tank with cabinet only $40.

regards-fooyl

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• SRC Member
how come there's an air tube connected to your skimmer pump intake?? Is that to increase air intake?? can explain how you do it? I see a device attached to it...

It is for the air inlet and the funny thing is a sliencer to reduce any noise. kekeke cool huh! :D

• SRC Member
well they do help.. but the most importance thing is your caring and maintaince and knowledge for the tank.. just repay on the sand cant do wonder for u....

Agree....there are not magic sand.....but I believe it probably reduce your balancy on Cal dosing and Ph buffer! ;)

• SRC Member

kekeke....all purchase from China!! Hand carry .....except the bloody heavy chiller....>30kg....so air frieght in it. :lol:

Protein Skimmer is create for 800L of water.

Atman Pump 8500L ...can still maintain at >6000L at 2.5 meter height except the wattage is 200w! <_<

Got myself another spare Atman Pump at 6500L.....reserve for my second return pump..kekeke :D

Here you go...the needle wheel!! B) Cool huh?!

KS,

Looks like we are using the same pump....the Atman 8500. hehehe

I'm using it internally in a sump. I don't know if it is 8500L/hr but it is damn powerful. The problem is the pump is submerse in water, so I don't know if it gives out a lot of heat. Do you know whether the pump is very hot since you are using it externally?

Thanks,

Patrick

• SRC Member

Argonite Sand......supposed to dissolve slowly the calcium content enriching your reef tank and thus also maintain the ph level.....blar blar blar...... :lol:

Atman pump.....hehehe very powerful indeed! With 2 outlet to the main tank I can even connect a SWCD to one of the return outlet and it can still blow off my sand bed! hehe ;) Well it does give out heat definately but it doesnt scorch my hand when I touch it! :P So.....

I am currently comtemplating to put in another Atman 6500 into my 2nd return pipe to further increase the flow! kekeke :yeah: I hate those power head inside....really unsightly unless I hid it under some LR! :ph34r:

• SRC Member
Argonite Sand......supposed to dissolve slowly the calcium content enriching your reef tank and thus also maintain the ph level.....blar blar blar...... :lol:

Atman pump.....hehehe very powerful indeed! With 2 outlet to the main tank I can even connect a SWCD to one of the return outlet and it can still blow off my sand bed! hehe ;) Well it does give out heat definately but it doesnt scorch my hand when I touch it! :P So.....

I am currently comtemplating to put in another Atman 6500 into my 2nd return pipe to further increase the flow! kekeke :yeah: I hate those power head inside....really unsightly unless I hid it under some LR! :ph34r:

I don't think Argonite sand will dissolve calcium forever right? So at certain point, they will be like normal sand. I would rather save up the $100 to invest into a Calsium reactor.

So for Atman pump, you don't think it will release too much heat submerse in water and make the chiller work harder and use more electricity right?

In this world, there is always a tradeoff, if you want it for estatic reason, you may have to pay for higher electricity consumption in the future. So if you want those ugly powerhead/tunze out of sight, this is the price you have to pay in the higher maintenance cost. If you combine the 6500+8500, the total power consumption will be 200w+120w=320w. WOW.

• SRC Member

Agree! That's why I havent install my 2nd Atman pump yet! :(

For Argonite sand.....dont know leh....definately it will depict itself in a matter of time! 1 yr, 2 yr or 3 yr.......????? ;) I will let you know then.....kekekeke :lol:

• SRC Member
For the atman pump, are you getting it pretty cheap in China? I bought the 8500 from Pasir Ris Farm at about $120. The 7600 is around $100.

kekeke what do you think?! ;)

Anybody interested.... :lol:

My Mdm is going to China tomorrow...yuhoooo!!!.....will be getting her to source for UV lights and so other stuff!!! kekekeke ;)