Will a Brain stung by Anemone survive?

• SRC Member

My wandering anemone in red decided to kiss parts of my brain coral :angry::angry:

Those part now will not expand and could see dots on them. The other parts are expanded as usual. Will it fully recover or it is already "go up the mountain" already?

I read online on someone actually supergluing his anemone onto a piece of rock.... possible..... :blink::blink:

• SRC Member

Impossible. The superglue will never bind with anemone skin because of all the slime. The anemone will also be pretty pissed it you tried it.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Nobody can glue anemones to rock... where did you read that... you have been had! :)

Did you hear of the MH light that can be used underwater? :P

Regarding your anemone, that's the risk you have to take putting it in a reef tank.

I can't say if your brain coral won't get hurt.

• SRC Member
Did you hear of the MH light that can be used underwater? :P

we usually call that appliance electric kettle :yeah:

anyway, i read somewhere (can't find now) u can place the anemone onto a short PVC (which planted onto the sandbed) as a confinement area for the anemone. anyone tried this ??

• SRC Member

Hmmm...cut off the bottom of a clear plastic bowl, invert it over the anemone so that its tentacles are sticking out of the cut hole (may need to smoothen the cut edges), anchor down the bowl, and viola! A permanent skirt for your anemone! If your anemone heaves itself out, well...next!

(Anyway, this suggestion is just an idea - it might not work...)

• SRC Member
Hmmm...cut off the bottom of a clear plastic bowl, invert it over the anemone so that its tentacles are sticking out of the cut hole (may need to smoothen the cut edges), anchor down the bowl, and viola! A permanent skirt for your anemone! If your anemone heaves itself out, well...next!

(Anyway, this suggestion is just an idea - it might not work...)

I like that one....

I use to have one a few years ago... it got blended by the power head.