Sally lightfoot crabs

• SRC Member
these crabs seems to gain gd reviews! haha

i wonder y only Eaquarist have them..

their reviews are good because they do what they're suppose to do well..... :lol: their appetite for algae....especially the dreaded bryosis is amazing. Their tiny pincers are built for that purpose where they can rip out the dreaded algae by the roots.... :lol:

I guess eaquarist has a very good supplier of these crabs which no one has ever thought of before in introducing clean up crews to us reefers. Not many LFS base emphasis on these clean up - critters

• SRC Member
I think the general concern for these ###### shrimps will be when the sallys' grow big. As everyone know, ###### dont grow too big so ....

I think I better refrain before any mishaps later.

yeah...it's best if you're not sure about these SLF's so maybe for an alternative to your algae problem...you can try something else like the lawnmower blenny..... ;)

• SRC Member
ok thx for that. Wasnt sure if they will grow into huge monster.

Seems like mine tank will become a crawling tank :erm::shock: with only 2 clown and 1 fire goby not crawling on the sandbed.

you're welcome....the emerald crabs are alot larger with bigger pincers as well so the SLF's are alot better and nature has designed them well for their specific role in our reef system.... :D

• SRC Member
i think i need to get them too not enough clean up crew..

but than always go there they dont have left  <_<

if you are on their mailing list , you will be able to know when the stocks arrive. Just leave your name and contact to them so they can notify you when the SLF's arrive.

Just give them a call to reserve so you won't be dissapointed when you go down there......I know the feeling of dissapointment..... <_<... :lol:

• SRC Member

I have seen mine picking off stuff on the LRs. Thought that they are picking on the young shoots of the algae. Did not see them specifically go after coraline algae. But my SLFs are especially excited when I feed MS or pellets; my tank like a feeding frenzy with the cleaners and fire shrimps and SLFs.

And RedDevils, you may want to consider more cleaning crew, I got 2 SLFs, 1 emerald, 1 lawn mower, 2 rainford 2 turbo snail and 1 bicolour blenny as my cleaning crew in my 1.5 feet nano and is just able to control the my algae problem.

I have seen mine picking off stuff on the LRs. Thought that they are picking on the young shoots of the algae. Did not see them specifically go after coraline algae. But my SLFs are especially excited when I feed MS or pellets; my tank like a feeding frenzy with the cleaners and fire shrimps and SLFs.

And RedDevils, you may want to consider more cleaning crew, I got 2 SLFs, 1 emerald, 1 lawn mower, 2 rainford 2 turbo snail and 1 bicolour blenny as my cleaning crew in my 1.5 feet nano and is just able to control the my algae problem.

Check out http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=12515&st=345

Caught in the act.. :ph34r::fear:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 4 months later...