DeepBlue's SPS corals

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tip coloration look weak..is it bcos of the pic?

actually..I am really not sure this one has pulled through....the piece of acro is pretty new, abt 3-4 weeks. dun talk about growth tip, I heard from many reefers that it is tough to keep without 400W and good wave control...it probably wont make it. Keeping the colour is also another thing...

Background: the shipment was lost and spent extra time visiting Australia before turning back. Many reefers have lost their purchase. :(

I was actually thinking about my acros coloration for quite a while

possibly 2 X 250W 14000KMH alone is not enough....still waiting for the T5s to be up(just to lazy to make the call and arrange the setting up)

I will most likely follow what scarab has done...adding a good supplement to the tank.

I'll post another pic of the stressed piece...still hoping it will do well eventually.

(well, a learning process about this kind of acros)

post-22-1090501758.jpg

for a brighter growth tip ....I am hoping they will all look like that....

but with so many tangs in my 4footer...nutrient level can be rather high....

post-22-1090501870.jpg

anyone able to help me id this piece...I think it is a staghorn....that's all....keeping the coloration is another challenge....

I am eagerly waiting for the arrival of the new pumps by Mic Young...hopefully they will provide more movt and flow in the tank. I do have a couple loses in areas where the currents are very weak...

overworking the 6060 tunze pump...find the controllered ones too exp... :(

post-22-1090502226.jpg

I also noticed not all acros will have a different coloured growth tip....

I thought normally when a piece of acro grows further..the more colourful tips can be seen...

apparently it is not the same for my blue tenius......it just grow slightly thicker and bigger ..but colour is the same blue colour.

post-22-1090502399.jpg

WL.... that piece is more to milk green..kind of like when you buy honeydew-w-milk juice kind... maybe a closer pic for id...(if cant get any confirmation...will have to go back to RC for help again...knowledge of guys there are awesome)

post-22-1090502537.jpg

this is the last piece that needs id...

source: Iwarna

the actual piece is yellowish with a little suggestion of orange at the tip....

I suspect it is a yellow tenius as well......but polyps and coralite form seems to be different from the blue one...

post-22-1090502926.jpg

• SRC Member

Your tank is looking awesome DeepBlue!

don't mean to sound like a broken record but...

Your blue Tenuis.............. :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Seriously, however, it's looking a bit stubby. You may want to give it more flow.

Coloration is in the water not in the amount of light thought a balance specturm is important.500W oif lighting is definately more than enough for a 100G.phospate level different of only 0.01 you can see the different in coloration.

Danano, I may move the blue tenius to get more flow... I dun see huge growth rate for this little fellow...

macro, thanks for sharing...I'll try to monitor and see the RM Fluidised Reactor I am running can further bring down the phosphate level ;)

like to thank scarab for the ID helpout as well

so this yellow stag is also an Acropora Abrolhosensis.

post-22-1090641169.jpg

oh yah....danano...you know the id of this little guy...came from JoeP as well...apologies the pic doesnt show well, it has that electric blue coloration at the tip like yours...

post-22-1090641524.jpg

• 2 weeks later...