Diving in Bali

absolut_vodka

• SRC Member

Hi,

I've planned a trip to bali in May and wondering if anyone here has any experience diving there? There seems to be lots of dive sites and since I'm only going to be there for 5 days 4 nights, I'm going to have to pick out some sites to do my dives.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Tulamben is a good site and famous.. lots of macro. can consider menjangen as well...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

i'm probably going to dive Tulamben only coz going with a non-diver partner.

AT, any idea what's the water temperature range? Think a 5mm suit will be enough or still would require hood? The lowest temp. i've dived so far is 18 degrees celcius and that temp definitely requires hood man! :)

• SRC Member

My wife and I were in Bali almost 2 years ago, around this time of the year. Surprisingly, the water was not as cold as we had expected... about 27-28C. Then again, our max depth was only about 20m. We stayed on Nusa Lembongan, about a 45 minute boat ride from the main island. We went diving and snorkelling in between Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan. Some good diving and snorkelling spots there.

Depending on the dive location, up-currents and thermoclines, the water temp could potentially drop into the low 20's. That's what I've read, but did not experience it personally.

Have a great time in Bali!

• SRC Member

i go there quite often but don't get the chance to dive cuz of my parents objections...

anyway the last time we went, one of the local drivers there brought us to a bay on the eastern side of bali.

we only snorkelled but it was a dive site...

BUT it was untouched as only the locals knew about it. no touristy places in sight.

if you are interested to know more let me know and i will try to find out more for you... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to a potential client today... she said she saw a Mola Mola in Bali last week!!! WOW!!!! *envy* Water was cold according to her... 20 degrees!!!!

:pirate: I wanna go diving!!!!

• SRC Member

hahaha... mola mola sightings are not that common lor! maybe u can suggest to her go buy some toto or 4D!

anyway, the abundance of sea life there... wow! really takes my breath away. too bad i stayed on kuta - 2.5/3 hrs drive away from the Tulamben ship wreck dive site and not forgetting that i went with a non-diving partner, otherwise i would have gone diving every day!

• SRC Member
Spoke to a potential client today... she said she saw a Mola Mola in Bali last week!!! WOW!!!! *envy* Water was cold according to her... 20 degrees!!!!

:pirate: I wanna go diving!!!!

hey AT,

can u take the temp?? u told me that u are afraid of cold leh.. at 20 deg, i probably need to wear rashies and my 3mm on top and perhaps another vest with hood.. cannot afford to get a 5mm....

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.