My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro,

is that the elegance at the centre of the sandbed? really llok very stressed, even if the lights juz on, it shouldn't take 2 hours to open up... :(

Try adjusting the flow abit, observe the coral and u'll tell if the flow is too high/low... den adjust accordingly...

Also, try some prawn meat, if that still doesn't help, den u better crossed ur fingers and pray.... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro,

is that the elegance at the centre of the sandbed? really llok very stressed, even if the lights juz on, it shouldn't take 2 hours to open up... :(

Try adjusting the flow abit, observe the coral and u'll tell if the flow is too high/low... den adjust accordingly...

Also, try some prawn meat, if that still doesn't help, den u better crossed ur fingers and pray.... :(

the photo is long time already cause that day the damsel disturb it. monday i post again the elegance picture. according to picture, that day the elegance is very stress cause the damsel seem like eat something from it. so, i very scare that the coral will died, i quickly remove all the live stock inside just to catch ONE big damsel only,hahah!! :evil: the picture is the next day which i design back all the live stock, that y the coral will be lokked very stress. monday i post it again, OK!!! :bow: hope it will be fine again!!!

the photo is long time already cause that day the damsel disturb it. monday i post again the elegance picture. according to picture, that day the elegance is very stress cause the damsel seem like eat something from it. so, i very scare that the coral will died, i quickly remove all the live stock inside just to catch ONE big damsel only,hahah!! :evil: the picture is the next day which i design back all the live stock, that y the coral will be lokked very stress. monday i post it again, OK!!! :bow: hope it will be fine again!!!

Hope it's fine too, I tink the damsel could be picking on the elegance... they may not be reefsafe... :angry:

Good luck with the coral!

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!! :yeah:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

hey rav-65,

thats a slurpy tank man.

got any pictures of the before and after effect of ozone? im kinda curious.... :)

henry

Hey bro! Welcome to my tank thread! :lol:

The main difference is the clarity of the water which is hard to tell from photos, other visible difference is the amount of skimmate it produces... mine skimmer cup was covered with lotsa !@#$%^& after only one day of skimming when I turned the ozone 24/7...

Also notice my pH seem to have risen a little... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey bro! Welcome to my tank thread! :lol:

The main difference is the clarity of the water which is hard to tell from photos, other visible difference is the amount of skimmate it produces... mine skimmer cup was covered with lotsa !@#$%^& after only one day of skimming when I turned the ozone 24/7...

Also notice my pH seem to have risen a little... :P

what is the ozone 24/7? can explain on this ha?

He uses ozone '24' hours a day, '7' days a week. Fantastic tank Vince!

Thanxs for your compliments bro...

I know ur tank also very solid coz u've been buying up lots of goodies hor?! :P

When going to posts some pics to let me eyes pop out?! :yeah:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Juz an update of my tank today...

Almost suffered a tank crash today... Got a chiller service guy to come my place to service my chiller and when the job was done, somehow the chiller pump was not turn back on...

Luckily I notice how come the temp displayed on the chiller reads 25.1 degrees :blink:, chiller was supposed to have cut out at 26.2 degrees. So I proceeded to check only to discover that the pump was on not, hence the chiller measured the water ( inside the chiller ) to be 25.1 degrees...

Come to tink of it, if I've left the house without noticing the chiller, by the time I'm writing this, my tank would be suffering a slow but certain death as the MH would kick in at 4pm... :( :( :(

Anyway, I'm writing this on this thread as this thread is like a diary of my tank... Pls DO NOT PM me to ask who the chiller service guy is... I don't tink he did it on purpose and the switch could have snapped back into a "off" position by some murphy's law... So, I wun be revealing it to anyone... :P

So, once again, let this be a reminder to us all, after doing maintenance on your tank, remember to switch back on all the equipment like chiller, chiller pumps, power-heads etc etc... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

may i know what is ozone ha? i'm newbie, dont know about this lar. any link for me to get more detail about this!! thanks!!

Ozone ah? Erm... the rim of gas surrounding the atmosphere? :P

Juz kidding... there's a thread i posted a few pages back in my tank thread... search for it... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro can post a close up shot of ur acan? It a beauty. :P

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

Eh,

will try to take another pic tonight, but camera lousy lah, the last pic already pretty close up liao... :P dunno can close up somemore or not... :P

Take a good shot bro. :P

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

bro. . i think u need a 5 footer to house the beautiful colonies, rics garden and acan lords. . :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.