My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank pic as of 15/01/05... :paiseh:

Nice tank, I like the great contrast of colours espcially the different shades of reds - must have been a large investment! :D

Btw, hows your Cynarina? The one that flew out from its skeleton?

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Nice tank, I like the great contrast of colours espcially the different shades of reds - must have been a large investment! :D

Btw, hows your Cynarina? The one that flew out from its skeleton?

Actually, already lost count on the amount I spent on this hobby, but I guess mine's only a faction of wat some of the reefers here have spent!! Still using a simple DIY beckett skimmer and no CR... unlike some of the real serious reefers here! :bow:

The cyanrina's still in my sump, gotta keep it in a small plastic container, if not the fella would float all over the place!! :upsidedown:

But the fella is still feeding and it's eating alot coz it's much easier to target feed than in the main tank... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Bro,

You haven't rescape your tank ah? Actually no need to rescape lah. Look damn solid man. :yeah: Especially the centrepiece prata. :yeah::yeah: Always love prata but cannot keep them in my tank coz my flow too strong.

Heh heh... planning the rescape maybe during CNY leh, already curing the new live rocks, gotta rescape coz the water flow now not very good, lots of detritus trapped and my no3 can never go down to zero even with DSB... :(

And becoz of the flow pattern, the amount of SPS I can put is only limited to a few colonies... :angry:

Also, maybe shifting the tank to the living room, now in my room... :upsidedown:

I got the same problem as you, flow too strong, dat's why my cyanrina flew off! so gotta look into that... :blink:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

:shock::bow::bow:

If you ever need to aquascape such a beautiful tank, then i should consider flying kite on my tank le... <_<:lol::lol::lol:

anyway SHIOKING tank!!! :bow::bow:

:lol::lol::lol: Gotta rescape lah bro, due to the reasons stated above, also, my current scaping dun permit too much corals, gotta rescape to find more space for new corals... :yeah:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Wow really nice tank!!!

Love the red red pratas... :wub:

The centre prata alright, the other one took more than 1 month to acclimatize, reason being the flow in my tank pretty strong... The fella strruggles to expand, but it's still making progress, can see it slowly opening bigger... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

If you rescape to put your SPS lower you will have more problem with flow on your prata. Maybe you should shift your bubble coral lower and concentrate your flow on the top half of your tank. Like that you still can keep LPS below but SPS can't venture below the half height of your tank coz the flow will be too low. Decisions, Decisions...... :lol: ??

If you rescape to put your SPS lower you will have more problem with flow on your prata. Maybe you should shift your bubble coral lower and concentrate your flow on the top half of your tank. Like that you still can keep LPS below but SPS can't venture below the half height of your tank coz the flow will be too low. Decisions, Decisions...... :lol: ??

The area where the bubbles are now is actually a dead spot... :blink:

Actually intend to move all the LPS below and set my ts12 and another 6060 to face up and let the flow bounce back from the glass and back... :evil:

The top portion after rescape will be for SPS and other current-loving corals, would wan to keep the flow below lower for all the meaty corals like prata and cyanrinas and brain... :)

Also, the main idea is to get the rocks off the sandbed, I got lots of the rocks resting on the sandbed now, gotta elevate the rocks up like wat you did in your tank... *proves that I'm stealing ideas when I'm in your house dat day* :lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg