beware of grade #0 (yellow bags)

weileong

bought one packet of #0 sand today. It's in the new yellow bag instead of the white colored ones we used to see.

Open and the sand is brown instead of white, that is acceptable.

Put a magnet in to remove iron particles, in just two small scoops, I removed more iron particles compared to 16 bags of the sands in the older white packing and still a lot more. 99% of them are very fine powder like iron particles. I was still removing and can't seems to finish cleaning it after 30mins.

I finally gave up and not going to use this bag anymore. $6/- down the drain.

Don't ask me where I bought it, best to avoid the sand in yellow packings. Should not even be called sand, should be grade #0 iron particles.

i also bought one (too late to refund now)

i used a speaker magnet and one sweep can remove so much iron like scooping up sand. lucky i threw it all away :angry::angry:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Few weeks ago I bought the grade #0 from the same place but in the older white bags. It is still pretty clean and just a little iron particles.

I guess just avoid the yellow bag ones will do.

i bought #0 in white bags few months back... result here

try using stromger magnet.. speaker magnet not that strong... so far the strongest magnet i come across is from harddisk :evil::evil: bet most of u guys dun know about it right? :evil:http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=8418&hl=rust

i bought #0 in white bags few months back... result here

try using stromger magnet.. speaker magnet not that strong... so far the strongest magnet i come across is from harddisk  :evil:  :evil:  bet most of u guys dun know about it right? :evil:

speaker magnet or hardisk magnet also same same :P I used both.

But the yellow bag is is really, if you kanna and try you will know what I meant. You just extract out the iron particles non-stop. How to use the sand like that?

As I mention, two small scoop, I extract out more particles compared to 16 bags of the white one!

Somemore wash already kinda mud color one!

if you can then put a magnet in the sandbed to remove the particles. But if you having a DSB then better not disturb it.

But I supposed the sand you use is not so terrible like the ones in the yellow bag right? At least 10% is iron particles, damn terrible.

The white bag ones I expect less than 0.5%.