New Seio Pumps, similar to Tunze Streams

Cedric

• SRC Member

THe SEIO from RIO u see is no going to be the model coming to S'pore. We will see the 4000L/hr model with rotating head available within the next 3 mths. THere is 6~8 models, but 1 model will be ready only.

Patience.

B)B):P

Max

I hope they fix their electrical problems.

Don't want SRC to be full of complaints like in RC about so many reefers with failing Rios or getting shocked by them! :lol:

• SRC Member

If I understand correctly from Reefcentral, the new SEIO pumps is modeled (similar with) after the new RIO Hyperflow which is supposedly better the previous RIOs with none of the "explosive" problems. But that remains to be seen. <_<

I was wondering will any of our sponsors like Eaquanature, Seaquest Aquatics Trading, Bio-Ocean Aquarix, X-Glare, E Aquarists', Octopus Bay, Reef Depot or Coral's Ark have intention of bringing it in when available? :rolleyes:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
If I understand correctly from Reefcentral, the new SEIO pumps is modeled (similar with) after the new RIO Hyperflow which is supposedly better the previous RIOs with none of the "explosive" problems. But that remains to be seen. <_<

I was wondering will any of our sponsors like Eaquanature, Seaquest Aquatics Trading, Bio-Ocean Aquarix, X-Glare, E Aquarists', Octopus Bay, Reef Depot or Coral's Ark have intention of bringing it in when available? :rolleyes:

You want, i can bring in........under bulk order. I was offer a free sample, but have to paid my own freight $$$$$$$$.

1 free SEIO + Freight charges $ = 1 Tunze 6060 :P:P:blink::blink:

I think there's 2 version of SEIO, the rest of the world version will be different from US as per RC. It will comes with a flow director that can change direction of targeted flow. The US version under testing will only be fix direction upon fixing to tank.

Max

• SRC Member
they look good, however you cant pulse them like the stream and they wont last as long. so i think the stream is still a much better product.

Hi alois,

can I know exactly why are you saying that the new SEIO will not last as long as a tunze stream? Just like to find out what special insights you might have that preluded the rest of us. :thanks:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
the tunze has a electronic motor so it can be slowed down and pulse . with the seio it is like a normal power head which is not good to turn on and off for wave making , so they dont last as long as the tunze.

The tunze also cannot be turn on/off frequently for wave making and its also a magnetic pump.

• SRC Member
the tunze has a electronic motor so it can be slowed down and  pulse . with the seio it is like a normal power head which is not good to turn on and off for wave making , so they dont last as long as the tunze.

:P Alois, I think you do not know what you are talking in the first place. Let me educate you :P

Tunze comes in 2 version.

1. The standard AC version that works exact :P like the SEIO

2. The DC version that draws 75% more power, but can be control thru Tunze controlled and a AC/DC converter comes standard.

The DC version cost 2.5X to 6X more than a standard Tunze--> $ depends on Controller type/model.

So when you compare, you need to compare apple to apple -> the standard Tunze to Seio.

BTW I'm not a fan to SEIO and also I've 2 spoilt Tunze cost over $1000 lying in my garage...less than 1 year old...you want to buy? Tunze are known to breakdown just as well, ask some of the other reefers, some of them having $2000+ worth of Tunze also have problems, especially SPS...........I wonder it's a "LUCK" thing or what :angry::blink:

B) Max

• SRC Member
the tunze has a electronic motor so it can be slowed down and pulse . with the seio it is like a normal power head which is not good to turn on and off for wave making , so they dont last as long as the tunze.

Hi alois,

are you running the tunze stream yourself?

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

:P Alois, I think you do not know what you are talking in the first place. Let me educate you :P

Tunze comes in 2 version.

1. The standard AC version that works exact :P like the SEIO

2. The DC version that draws 75% more power, but can be control thru Tunze controlled and a AC/DC converter comes standard.

The DC version cost 2.5X to 6X more than a standard Tunze--> $ depends on Controller type/model.

So when you compare, you need to compare apple to apple -> the standard Tunze to Seio.

BTW I'm not a fan to SEIO and also I've 2 spoilt Tunze cost over $1000 lying in my garage...less than 1 year old...you want to buy? Tunze are known to breakdown just as well, ask some of the other reefers, some of them having $2000+ worth of Tunze also have problems, especially SPS...........I wonder it's a "LUCK" thing or what :angry::blink:

B) Max

so what you're saying is that the Tunze is lousy and what we all bought is a waste of money..... :blink: Care to recommend your brand of pump that works super well? :blink:

• SRC Member

Cool it! :) Nobody is saying that TUNZE is lousy.

Just that alois may not have read his instruction manual carefully or may have misunderstood or forgottened that tunze or not, it also cannot be turned on and off frequently else it will fail as well.

Which is what Maxima is trying to tell us, compare apples to apples, oranges to oranges. If both a tunze and SEIO is turned off and off repeatedly, both will probably fail just the same. :P

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
i was comparing the tunze 6100 agaist the seio, the tunze seio does work well with a iks computer or the tunze wave controller,

the tunze 6100 has a electronic motor that can make waves etc.

Hi alois,

correct me if I am wrong, the 6100 has a DC motor which coupled with a controller that varies the power supply, can vary the power output of the stream. In no way is the stream being switched on and off.

A SEIO is using a AC motor which does not allow for power variation hence no "wave" making.

To compare them is not comparing apples to apples. Switching them both on and off will probably kill them both.

Hence I don't think it is fair to say a SEIO will not last as long. (YET)

:)

Comments are welcome!