My Research Poster

Tanzy

Hi Tanzy,

I'm an art director and I hope you don't mind my comments :D

I find your logo for the King's College London a bit too small. Most company, college and etc wants to make their logo bigger. It's a branding thing :D . The main heading is also too small. If I were to see this poster from far, the first thing that I see is the background leaf. I would not know what this poster is about. Nature?

So your heading is important. Make the heading bolder and maybe in white. The name, department and address need not be so big. Make it smaller so that you have space to enlarge your heading.

Your font and heading for "Introduction", "Aims" and etc should also be bigger. Change the font to a thicker one and use orange.

Your "References" can be in 2-3 lines at the bottom to give you more room to play with.

The Scorpinone picture need to be larger too.

I know it is too late to do anything, but you can apply it to future design no? I hope you are not offended ha?

Frankie

yo Tanzy,

at least better then my research poster leh. mine got no background picture. haiz school too budget, bo bian. mine is those type of typical type all arial text with graphs and research pics only.

to me (my own opinion), yours already damn nice but can edit on the big star on the leaf. :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Hi Tanzy,

I'm an art director and I hope you don't mind my comments :D

I find your logo for the King's College London a bit too small. Most company, college and etc wants to make their logo bigger. It's a branding thing :D . The main heading is also too small. If I were to see this poster from far, the first thing that I see is the background leaf. I would not know what this poster is about. Nature?

So your heading is important. Make the heading bolder and maybe in white. The name, department and address need not be so big. Make it smaller so that you have space to enlarge your heading.

Your font and heading for "Introduction", "Aims" and etc should also be bigger. Change the font to a thicker one and use orange.

Your "References" can be in 2-3 lines at the bottom to give you more room to play with.

The Scorpinone picture need to be larger too.

I know it is too late to do anything, but you can apply it to future design no? I hope you are not offended ha?

Frankie

Good stuff! The whole idea is to get feedback so I can learn from mistakes. Just saw the morning poster presentation and this year's competition is HOT compared to last year. Looks like it's gonna be tough to win.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Tanzy, My comments:

1. Shld include reference when making claims etc

eg xxxxxxxx[1]

2. Don't seems to see acknowledgement.

3. Believed some assumption or error existed in your experiment. U consider that??

2 cents.

Cheers

• SRC Member

Tigger,

All not there due to lack of space. We were told to be brief with the posters because nobody is really interested in what you did anyway.

References are made but they are too small to be seen here.

What assumptions? Care to elaborate? I would like to know. Thanks!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Thanks for the tip but I was wondering it photo quality posters are possible.

Well can push it to 300 dpi but then anything higher will make very little difference and is then highly dependent on the original image quality...

And like I said, the bigger the picture, the less likely it's meant to be viewed up close...

but I understand lah.. always nice to push the limits.. heh...

• SRC Member
Tigger,

All not there due to lack of space. We were told to be brief with the posters because nobody is really interested in what you did anyway.

References are made but they are too small to be seen here.

What assumptions? Care to elaborate? I would like to know. Thanks!

Sori I can't give any as I major in Materials. I used to write technical papers and get them publish in conferences and during the presentation, ppl will challenge the points u make. Which is why its good to make assumptions etc........

• SRC Member

Nevermind. It's OK.

I got questioned by three professors, in a row. Ran out of voice towards the end and mouth was dry. One wanted me to write a paper concering critical concentration but I declined. Not in the mood for extra work.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
Bah.... it sucks.

NOT. Nice. ;) Almost like a shampoo ad.

I thought it is a product Tanzy is selling. Anti-cancer pills of some sort.