SPS turn green

• SRC Member

Hi...pls see the pic...

there is a portion turned green (looks nice)...but there are no more small polyps extending out, unlike the brown portion, can see the small polyps extending.

so..is this dying or colouring up? :huh:

post-22-1079446930.jpg

when my friend's acro died, the skeleton is green in colour. maybe because of excessive use of phyto?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Hi...pls see the pic...

there is a portion turned green (looks nice)...but there are no more small polyps extending out, unlike the brown portion, can see the small polyps extending.

so..is this dying or colouring up? :huh:

Mine worst, a portion of it turn white, tot it was a RTN, but end up recovering back within 2 days after dosing some aminoacid.

not too sure but if you see pieces of tissue floating off or fishes pecking a t it then :cry::cry:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

You will only be able to tell if an SPS is going to go fast is when tissue starts flying off the skeleton.

If there are changes to the colour, it could be it adapting to a new environment, stress or even bleaching.

• SRC Member
You will only be able to tell if an SPS is going to go fast is when tissue starts flying off the skeleton.

If there are changes to the colour, it could be it adapting to a new environment, stress or even bleaching.

the process was quite slow...abt 3-4 days back, then saw the first 'batch abt a 5cents coin...then it start to spread...now is abt an area of 50cents.

This piece is in my tank for 3 weeks already.

• SRC Member

Looking frm the pix is very hard to tell due to it's quality :blink:

The part that changed color shd have polyps extension juz like the rest coz they belongs to the same colony. By the way, the whole colony shd have color up together unless the green part is being position in favour to lightin and good flow. And u r sayin 3-4days ago only 5cent part tat turn green n now spread to 50cent size....hmm, tats fast for coloration. Anyway goodluck with it, juz keep on monitoring or try to get a better pix so tat the problem can be identified. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

The more I look at the bright green portion, the more I feel its dead skeleton.... Maybe you can do a check when the lights are out with a torch light to confirm polyp extension.

But it sure looks dead to me :P

The more I look at the bright green portion, the more I feel its dead skeleton.... Maybe you can do a check when the lights are out with a torch light to confirm polyp extension.

But it sure looks dead to me :P

Yup i agree with hon

yup, kindda agree with DA and Hon too...looks pretty dead to me. I remembered having this acro that turned green too when it died last time..as AT said, might be good to double check with a better picture?

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

hi...sorry, dun have a better DC to take a better pic.

I think it is dead too...since no polyps extending out, whether lights is on or out.....just hope that it will not spread.

:(

thanks for the comments :thanks: