What kind of fishes/invert u hve lost in ur tank?

• SRC Member

Hi

Just curious on what have you guys lost in your tank without even seeing the carcasses ?

These are what I have lost so far <_<

1. lots of Fire Goby - about 6 (i have given up on keeping them)

2. Scooter Blenny - 1 ( it was scootering happily around for the past few weeks,then suddenly vanish)

3. Banana Wrasse - 1 ( see it every saturday or sunday during the day, but recently vanish)

I had one firegoby jump out of the tank while I was sitting in front viewing it. Very heng else it would have become salted fish. Now it's still kicking in my tank.

Sometimes when they die, they get stuck between the LRs and then the cleanup crew will strip them down to bones very quickly so you don't get to see them.

• SRC Member

Hiaz....recently a blue tang (1.5") gone MIA!!!

The others on my list are blood shrimp, anthias, chromis......some died but couldnt retieve its carcasses as I didnt want to rearrange my LR & Tonga so let my cleaning crew do the job and also just change water.

Sigh! <_< think about it I lose quite a number of fish because of my ignorant and impulse buying!!

Now anticipating my anthias to be on its way to heaven.....have not been eating!

• SRC Member
Hi

Just curious on what have you guys lost in your tank without even seeing the carcasses ?

These are what I have lost so far <_<

1. lots of Fire Goby - about 6 (i have given up on keeping them)

2. Scooter Blenny - 1 ( it was scootering happily around for the past few weeks,then suddenly vanish)

3. Banana Wrasse - 1 ( see it every saturday or sunday during the day, but recently vanish)

1 damsels die in front of me and stripped down by my hermits.

Bi-color benny & fire shrimp disappear.(suspect dinner for my lobster)

Doctor fish end up in my sump in between my sponge filters

Few smalls fishes become mince fish meat after swimming too near my Powerhead.

Lots of snails with empty snail shells.......comfirm treats for my lobster

• SRC Member

mermaid? nah, never have one LOL

red scooter blenny crushed by lr

yellow clown goby mia

2 spot goby mia

cleaner shrimp all legs lost

2 clowns cuz when anemone security

2 boxing shrimp fought to death

2 blue damsel with taiwan salt when 1st time on marine

feather duster mia

anthias sick

cant think anymore

• SRC Member

2 damsels when my anemone got sucked into my PH

1 purple goby (noticed it wasn't really healthy when i got it)

1 copper band (from Aq@aSt$r)

1 singapore angel (from Aq@aSt$r)

1 powder blue tang, now dying....in quarantine tank but not feeding (from Aq@aSt$r)

i'm not trying to put the blame on Aq@aSt$r, but my tank parameter is alrite all along...no ich, nothing until i got the shit from Aq@aSt$r....personally, i banned all LS from there...even corals...i rather spend a bit more time going to other LFS which are mostly very far away.....

really upset to see my death list increasing....my mood has been so bad, that my gf has to comfort me 24/7....i pity my gf,even though she knows nuts about marine, she has to help me out....

• SRC Member

oh yah, nvr really posted an accurate answer....by juz too pissed off with Aq#aS$$r......

the death of my purple goby was not known to me coz its always in hiding....only managed to see it when my boxer shrimp carried his trophy out into the open to show off wat good food he had been having.the head was gone....when i saw it, my heart sunk into the bottom of my stomach.....

• SRC Member

I've lost many fishes in my agressive tank...

1 x Picasso Triggerfish

4 x Yellow Tailed Damsel

2 x Three Striped Damsel

2 x Green MadarinFish

2 x Bicolor Pseudochromis

1 x Striped Cardinalfish

Can you imagine that... so many big fishes gone!! WIthout carcass... no AMmonia spike somemore... Must be the matis shrimp...

For my reef tank... Nothing lost... a Firegoby thought to be lost was found in sump :D

Live and Let Live