WTB: Ozone generator

• SRC Member
Ozone breaks up and return to 02 within a few sec if im not wrong. Carbon should be used to absorb the residual ozone for the safety of our fishes and us. Hendry uses ozone for his tubs and the water is crystal clear.

If i'm not wrong, the price of red sea controller with orp is $300+.

thats without controller bro..... ;) and the highest you can dose is about 100 milligrams

• SRC Member

theres another set which the max is about 50 milli grams..... :D without probe and controller. Still cost about $500.++ it's hard to monitor dosage without controller unless you already have it separately.... ;)

1) Aquazone 50 Ozonizer (no redox controller)

2) Aquazone 100 ozonizer (no redox controller )

3) Aquazone 100 plus ozonizer (with redox controller )

4) Aquazone 200 plus ozonizer ( with redox controller )

• SRC Member

Got my Red Sea Ozonizer 50 mg/hr model today with Air Drier. Hooked it up to the skimmer John Guest fitting and measuring ORP now. Set target to 400 and its currently at 360 w/o Ozone Injection of 50 mg/hr. Within a few hours, could see the skimmer producing more foam and skimmate than usual. Is this normal?

• SRC Member

yup , i really hope the bloody ICH go away and never come back.. We will see how Ozone influences the health of a reef system. Will update after 24 hrs with any visible improvements to water clarity/orp levels/fish health/ICH. Wish me luck in my first battle...

• Sponsor
yup , i really hope the bloody ICH go away and never come back.. We will see how Ozone influences the health of a reef system. Will update after 24 hrs with any visible improvements to water clarity/orp levels/fish health/ICH. Wish me luck in my first battle...

all the best Alpha! ;)

it will not eradicate ich completely as firstly it can only kill those in the water column......secondly only some part of the whole water volume will get into the skimmer to be processed while others just bypass the skimmer to be recirculated ....meanwhile, those ich parasites may reattach to the fishes or find a substrate to cling on....

what it does definitely is to reduce the total amount to give your fishes some fighting chance.....

if stress was what made the fishes vulnerable to the outbreak, reducing or removing the stress will help while ozone reduces total floating amount of ich parasites present......

if the stress factor, watever reason, is not removed, having ozone/uv will not help and it's only a matter of time before the fishes get weakened by the persistent blistering of skin/gills/body by the parasites and may fall prey to secondary infections as well...

• SRC Member

Hmm, have considered the possible stress factors in my reef system and honestly could not find any. Temp is stable, ammonia and nitrite is 0, salinity is about 1.0226- 1.0228, no hostile fishes and all are peaceful type. plenty of swimming space for all fishes in all layers of the water column. What other stress inducing conditions can there be pls? Would really like to know and if i have overlooked it, i can try to rectify...

Edmund, what from you saw just now.. can give possible suggestions on what is causing the stress pls? Thanks

• SRC Member

Update as of at 3pm:

ORP has risen from 360 to 375. Water is visibly clearer thus more light is penetrating thru to the bottom of the tank i hope?

Whitespots seems to be dissappearing from the tangs but will monitor for the next month to see that there is no reoccurances...