Dymax T5's

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Just be more cautious when buying stuff that are exceptionally cheap. One thing to consider is the parts used eg what type of ballast and what type of tubes. This will determine the lifespan of the lights.

Apart from the cost of the case, this 2 are the main cost components. Dont buy blindly and then regret. Might end up spending more instead.

• SRC Member
All,

Just be more cautious when buying stuff that are exceptionally cheap. One thing to consider is the parts used eg what type of ballast and what type of tubes. This will determine the lifespan of the lights.

Apart from the cost of the case, this 2 are the main cost components. Dont buy blindly and then regret. Might end up spending more instead.

Considering by the way we change or upgrade our marine equipment is actually far more costly then trying out a cheap and good lighting for example. The Dymax T5's has seen alot of sales already and it's still being snapped up.... :D I am testing the 2ft for my sump before giving the go ahead to other reefers. If it works then why not to cheap good stuff. The bulbs can be changed up to 17,000k so I think it's worth a try.

By the way....Dymax Matrix has a 4 x 55watts going at a good price too at $250.00 from my supplier , saw it yesterday and it was super bright....which has seen another hot buy from some customers feedback.... ;)

• SRC Member

some tip on the T5... hmm mine after i change the ballast.. which is the same as the old one.. one kind reefer donated to me.. THX ALOT!!.. its working fine.. more then 2 mths.. haha use fan to blow on it.. cool the tube and ballast....

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Bro Acanthurus, is the T5 comes in white and blue tube?

Thanks.

yes each comes with a blue and white tube.... :D it's been more then 2 weeks now so if other brothers intend to get it ..... it's safe to use... :lol: my algae grapes could never grow with the pl's but after using this T5 it's growing well in my refigium..... :D

• SRC Supporter

hi guys,went to PR just now.. the person there told me that for my 2.5ft lenght by 1.5ft tall..its still better to use PL lights than the dymax T5..he told me the T5 isnt as strong as the PL lights.. any comments?

PL lights 2ft $120 compare to 2ft T5 $45 only lei..

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Ok, here's my review on the T5, juz got a set yesterday. But it's not as bright as 36w PL. hMm.. corals still continue to open when using the T5, but can't really reach all the corals. Cos it's kind of dim. But, can always alternate use PL and T5 or even use both together if u have bought one. So far so good, hope it dun fails on me.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

yeah...macroalgae grow better in intense light...they take up nutrients faster....

20watts of t5 compared to 36watts of PL...PL should win...but if ever you can compare same wattage of t5 and same wattage of PL...i think t5 should be as bright if not brighter....moreover, u can squeeze more t5s in the same space than PLs...definitely means more light for watever that you want to light up

i use MH for my refugium..oooops... :P

• SRC Member
yeah...macroalgae grow better in intense light...they take up nutrients faster....

20watts of t5 compared to 36watts of PL...PL should win...but if ever you can compare same wattage of t5 and same wattage of PL...i think t5 should be as bright if not brighter....moreover, u can squeeze more t5s in the same space than PLs...definitely means more light for watever that you want to light up

i use MH for my refugium..oooops... :P

Wah....MH for refigium ah.... :o Bor Roidan damn loaded man..... :lol: Like that ah you should buy kopi and satay then.... :lol:

• SRC Supporter
Ok, here's my review on the T5, juz got a set yesterday. But it's not as bright as 36w PL. hMm.. corals still continue to open when using the T5, but can't really reach all the corals. Cos it's kind of dim. But, can always alternate use PL and T5 or even use both together if u have bought one. So far so good, hope it dun fails on me.

ok thanks! think i will get 1.. =)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Supporter

for some it seems too dim because at 20watts per tube is not much...bro aStRoBol has bought a set and it is too dim for his tank. Maybe for a sump will do fine as the depth is low.... ;)

isit possible to replace the blue tube to white ones too?

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed