Sigh... NASA faked the Mars landing?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching a documentary on conspiracy theories now.

Here're some of the questions raised on the moon landing:

- why are there no stars in the space background?

- If there is no wind in the moon atmosphere, why was the American flag waving in the lunar moon video?

- Why is there no glass formed in the landing crater?

- Shadows in the photographs suggest that there are more than 1 light source when the cameras used had no flash.

- Similar landscape in photographs from different landings.

- Crosshairs in the photographs are inconsistent; some appear in front and some behind objects in the photo - suggesting editing

More to come :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
I'm watching a documentary on conspiracy theories now.

Here're some of the questions raised on the moon landing:

- why are there no stars in the space background?

- If there is no wind in the moon atmosphere, why was the American flag waving in the lunar moon video?

- Why is there no glass formed in the landing crater?

- Shadows in the photographs suggest that there are more than 1 light source when the cameras used had no flash.

- Similar landscape in photographs from different landings.

- Crosshairs in the photographs are inconsistent; some appear in front and some behind objects in the photo - suggesting editing

More to come  :rolleyes:

No stars because the camera is not sensitive enough to pick up the dim lights or that the exposure required to capture the stars would have resulted in an overexposed image of the moon. I use to do some astrophotography.

It was waving because there's no atmosphere to damp the movement of the flag, so when shaken or disturbed it just keeps moving.

Glass? Is it hot enough to create glass? The moon is mostly basalt and obsidian. You only get glass with sand.

The Earth is pretty bright on the moon.

Similar landscape because the moon is not that interesting geographically and the astronauts don't stray very far from the lander.

Cross-hairs? Don't know why. Need to see the picture to understand.

Martian landscape is very orange because blue light is filtered out by the atmosphere, so things appear redder. The person making these crazy conspiracy theories only show ignorance. The cables are of true colour as they appear under the martian sky.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Rumor,

This should add to another of your conspiracy theories! ;)

Anyone care to comment?

The color was different probably due to color balancing.

The fact that IR was used as the Red channel, Blue as Blue channel and a synthetic green frame was constructed from the IR and Blue channel could have resulted in the difference in the color in the two pictures. This is a very normal way of getting colored R(G)B images in astronomical images. (G) means it is synthetic green which means it is averaged out from the Red and Blue frames.

This is nothing new and I do this at times for my images as well.

The other fake moon landing crap has been bashed and explained by NASA already.

• SRC Member

Why must we give a damn even if its real? .. I think its just a waste of $$. Spending millions and billions of $$ just to find crevices or valleys and assuming there WAS water on that planet... find life? they probably only find bacterial.. duhz..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Well, I'm not going to pretend to be an astrophotographer or physicist, in fact, I am an Arts student :D

Point taken about the stars not appearing on the video, but you can see that the pictures have been doctored, otherwise, how do you explain that discolouration?

The flag is waving, you can probably download a short clip on its somewhere. Even if moved, I would expect the flag to move in a linear motion, I expect air drag and gravity should have something to explain the waving motion. Perhaps someone trained in Physics will care to explain?

What I mean from the photographs indicating various light sources is that the shadows seem to fall everywhere even if the Earth is clearly in another direction.

Rockets thrusting away at 60,000lbs? I would expect the landing site would be pretty hot? Why do sand fuse into glass when superheated anyway?

I mean similar landscapes as in mounts with identical gradient and backdrop. There were many missions, all of which have sites more than 2.5 miles away. It'll probably be clearer if you saw the video. Apparently, they superimposed the video captures and found uncanny similarities.

Why must we give a damn even if its real?

It'll be a concern when you understand that the USD$40b could be better spent ... say saving the Oceans?

Particularly since the US still owe a lot of money, so techically, they're spending money which is not theirs.

Its still a space race after all, pushing the boundaries.

But there are many issues to settle back on Earth, so hope they do come back down to Earth.

• SRC Member

It'll be a concern when you understand that the USD$40b could be better spent ... say saving the Oceans?

Particularly since the US still owe a lot of money, so techically, they're spending money which is not theirs.

Its still a space race after all, pushing the boundaries.

But there are many issues to settle back on Earth, so hope they do come back down to Earth.

precisly. They could better spent their billions on more down to earth things which needs our immediate attention.. :(

but instead they spent on something which will not have answers in maybe the next century..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

This website too has some stuff to debunk the rumour.

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/er/seh/feather.avi

The movie above was an experiment conducted by Apollo 15's David Scott. It can only be done in an environment without atmosphere.

post-11-1079921948.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif