Zoo Retrenchment

seamonkee

• SRC Member

For those who read the news since yesterday and know what I am tokking about... it finally happened....

Anyway, I have tendered my resignation.... :(

Sure gonna miss my workplace...

The culture just isn't the same anymore...

• SRC Member

The new culture is quite corporate in nature... typical MNC... unlike the past where its more casual and family oriented...

sigh...

• SRC Member

Actually I have the choice to stay... but I chose to resign... it just isn't the same anymore... the culture, the atmosphere and management style...

It's heartpain for everyone... no one expect this... no one.... who can imagine a little faraway casual place in Mandai can fall prey to this as well...

• SRC Member

Yup totally agree. Somemore all want to cut cost.

Cut cost not bad enuff... some companies even retrench staff and next moment hire "khakis" with irrelevant experience or damn expensive "foreign talent" to replace those gone...

• SRC Member
...no one expect this... no one.... who can imagine a little faraway casual place in Mandai can fall prey to this as well...

You sure no one?!.. its a direction no one/company can avoid.. or else they are gonna lack behind.. sad but true..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

If change is good...it is inevitable... :(

If changes are to satisfy some paper records and statistics...then it is hypocritcal...

Seamonkee...I understand what and how you feeling now...take care...blessings be upon you... :)

• SRC Member

I wun comment much on what actually took place... but in summary, most of the things you heard from the news are actually to me quite superficial and heavily covered up....

Isn't it ironical to see people "made redundant" in an effort to "cut cost" but then you see new ones (which are khakis or friends or expats) sprouting up? And I am talking about a BIG majority... say more than 90%?!?

There's a significant pool of capable people resigning because they dun agree with what's taking place... and I have not include those who are to be retrenched in the new few weeks... sigh.... what a waste of talents...

Anyway, God is kind to me... I got a job interview next week... :)

I am closing this chapter of my life at the zoo....

Sorry to hear that man. :(

I FULLY understand you, I left my job of 4 years because of new (mis)management. I must have seen more than 30 colleagues come and go in my floor alone, including 4 immediate bosses. Needless to say, morale has been rather low, not just for myself.

Don't worry, something good will come along your way... as it is with me right now.. ;)

• SRC Member

The zoo also "retrench" some of the animals, right? :huh:

For example:

1) "all the older animals to consider voluntary early retirements since they are less productive. For example, Ah Meng consumes more food than a young orang utan and is less energetic. She sometimes even eats up visitors' breakfasts. Also, we have so many orang utans, we can afford to cut down on the uplication."

2) The Zoo is also tightening up its management of animals who are not performing.

3) Two "green" polar bears that developed fur fungi have been given warning letters for exceeding their annual sick leave quota.

4)The Zoo has also exiled one of the tigers back to Malaysia, accused of trying to incite the animals to establish a union. "Foreign-born animals are always a problem in the Zoo because their loyalties are questionable. They simply do not have our country's interests in mind. They also tend to be less obedient than locally bred animals.

5)The restructuring seems to be affecting the morale of the animals. Visitors complained that recently, the animals appear "sian-sian" in their enclosures. The elephants seem to be moving slower than usual. The lions seemed resigned to their fate and are spending all their time lying in the sun. Even a 3-hour pep talk by SM last week failed to raise spirits. Rumour has it that the Zoo has threatened that if they don't pull up their

socks, the Zoo will bring in animal robots to take their places.

Are the above rumors happen to be true?

• SRC Member

Now what? Are they going to get the monkeys to do the job (pun intended)?

Good luck! Try not to spend too much on your reef.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Tanzy: Dat's why u havent seen me logging in the past month or so... in desperate moments, I might even cook my clams to survive... :lol:

U guys ah, I dunno what to say (esp Jimaroon)... Ain't u a bit insensitive to my feelings with the joke? Personally, I dun find it funny at a moment like this leh... sorry... <_<:(:(

Anyway, I move on liao.... haven't got a job though... :)

Thanks for everybody's concern... and Jimaroon... yup, u got that joke from TalkingCock.com right? I seen that umpteen times liao... Also, be more sensitive to other's feeling next time lah, bro.... this is no joking matter... read carefully, this is not a "joke" thread in the first place... :)