recommendation for skimmer

domzzz

Hi, i'm absolutely agree with ervine, while in fresh water hobby may be price doesn't makes any big problem, but in saltwater hobby i do believe that PRICE DOES MATTER. The more expensive you pay, the more proveable quality that you will get. And in your cases, i also had an experience in JEBO 180. My first skimmer is Sander which use wooden airstone and then i upgrade it to JEBO 180, but the preformance is very poor, i got a much better skimate of pollutant using Sander but i don't got when i use JEBO, now i change my JEBO with Macro which give much more better performance comparing to JEBO, and if in the future i have a spare money i will upgrading again to Euroreef Skimmer which is says as the best ever made skimmer for saltwater hobbist.

• SRC Member
Bro, why dun u get the JEBO skimmer. I bought mine at $50, skimmer+pump. Hang on model-back of tank. Doesn't take up much space. Only pump in tank.

wah bro, u kena knock liao...jebo itself can be found at only $20, and unless u are using a super powerful pump, i don't think it should cost $50....u might wanna look around before buying....hehehhee

• SRC Member

hhhmmmm...i think weipro should be good enuf...perhaps u might wanna get a 2012 or higher.

personally i think 2011 is not good enuf...that's y i am trying to DIY my own H&S rite now...my 2011 suck BIG BIG time...skim for 1-2weeks only half a cup of TEA...not even a single drop of KOPI-O.and it also need to be fine-tuned periodically, i dunno why also....if u wan i can offer u my 2011 cheap cheap but u gotta get your own pump...hehehe...juz pm me loh...